Non scale victory (but major military uniform FAIL)

Options
Dunsirn
Dunsirn Posts: 82 Member
Last year I had to shoehorn myself into this jacket, and it's great that I've been losing weight and all - but I just tried my No. 1 uniform jacket on, and it looks like a total bag of s*** - FOUR DAYS before Remembrace Day parade.

Getting inspected by the Warrant Officer on Saturday, and there's no way I'll get another jacket tailored in time.

Not sure whether to laugh or cry...

20131107_135942.jpg

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    your IMG needs to be lowercase.

And it's a great but horrible problem to have. I'm sure the biggest tribute is you just being in the parade. Congrats on your progress.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you have 4 days to eat all the pies....
  • Dunsirn
    Options
    your IMG needs to be lowercase.

And it's a great but horrible problem to have. I'm sure the biggest tribute is you just being in the parade. Congrats on your progress.

oops, yup - sorted, thanks!!

You can't even tighten the belt, it's tailored to that length btw.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    you have 4 days to eat all the pies....
    ^This is a good solution. :laugh:

You could also try safety pinning the belt. It might look a little ridiculous, but it kind of already does...
  • highflyer88
    highflyer88 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss! I agree with the other poster can you pin or somehow reduce the size of the belt temporarily....may look slightly odd but I think this is an awesome problem to have. Or is there someone you know who has a smaller belt you can use for that day?
  • Dunsirn
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss! I agree with the other poster can you pin or somehow reduce the size of the belt temporarily....may look slightly odd but I think this is an awesome problem to have. Or is there someone you know who has a smaller belt you can use for that day?

I've left it far too late now, this is the busiest time of year for the military tailors and I can't even really swap the belt because they're specific to each uniform. Everyone I know that's going to have a belt to swap with is going to be wearing theirs in any case!!

Aaaargh!!!
  • vanryswicksl
    vanryswicksl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Try calling a seamstress out in town and chances are that you can find someone who can tailor the belt for you the same day. It may be a little more expensive, but should be possible.

Congratulations on the weight loss and thank you for your service.
  • lavender_fairie
    lavender_fairie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Beg the seamstresses out in town! Also random older ladies at craft stores. :) seriously, it works.
    Older Women with skillz tend to take pity on military fellas with wardrobe malfunctions. Hey, we've all been there!

BTW, this so reminds me of a problem my hubby would have. I've been hand-hemming in the middle of the night for him, and I SUCK at sewing!

Major congrats on the success! :) Major sympathy on your timing. :(
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Looking great out of uniform matters too.
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Lol this made my smile. Great job. And thank you for your service :flowerforyou:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!