Brisk walk Succes Stories (pics pls)

Options
Rai007
Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
Hi all,,
so we all believe that a calorie deficit is required for weight loss
many of us take up walk instead brisk walk as their workout
i was wondering if anyone has reached goal weight or reduced quite an amount with their cardio as brisk walk.
if you use strenght training aswell you can mention.
you may mention:
the time taken between your HW And CW
your walk pace and duration,,
the weight lost,,

if you post pictures that would be interesting too.:smile:

Replies

• dmbjewel
    dmbjewel Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    In August, I started walking at least 5 days/week, covering 2 miles in 30 minutes. I also do 50 pushups each day, and some plank exercises for core strength. I think this is possibly the laziest workout ever, but I hate strength training and situps, and running hurts my knees, and I can get it all done in 45 minutes in the morning, and its working for me. Coupled with 5:2, I've lost 17 lbs, and definitely have more muscle definition in my legs, arms, and stomach. I know I'll never be super toned, but I don't really care. This is the longest I've ever stuck with a workout plan, and I don't hate doing it. I actually look forward to my walks so much that I frequently walk 7 days a week, up to 6 miles at a time. I have more energy, and feel better about myself. What more can you really ask for?
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    dmjjwe - I think we live in a parallel universe! I walk 3 or 4 times a week, 2.8 miles in about 40 minutes, do pushups (against a short dresser), and squats. I, too, don't like to work out, but LOVE my walks. I've also noticed better muscle tone (took me about 5 months to realize this), have more energy, and have lost 15 lbs doing all of this. No pics right now, but my clothes and mirror tell me.
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Oh - and my bra size has changed. I went from a 38C to a 36D. So my chest got smaller and my breasts got bigger? I guess those pushups are making my boobie-muscles big. hahah! I faintly remember our high school health teacher telling us those things didn't have any muscles in them!
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    30 minute walk, three times per week. No other exercise.
  • proudjmmom
    proudjmmom Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I didn't only walk, but walking has been my main source of exercise since February. I have lost 41 lbs since January. From February to May I walked in snow (I live in Northern Canada), burning on average 200 more cals then walking on gravel. I also hike and attend boot camp twice a week. From June to the end of August I done a Learn 2 Run program, and was running 5k 4 times week. I walk about 6-7 times a week for at least an hour briskly. I have went from a size 12-14 jeans to a size 4-6 since February. No one will ever convince me walking isn't adequate exercise for weight loss. I plan to start strength training very soon.
  • Rai007
    Options
    Amazing replies so far!!
    bumping for more :)
    pls do mention your walk pace
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I started walking last month and I've lost almost 20 lbs since. I didn't even start briskly and am just now getting to where my legs don't hate me while doing it. I get about 5 miles a day after you add up all my steps, but in the evenings I walk about 2 miles in 30 to 45 min (depends on if my dogs come with me or not). Last night I decided to start training for the couch to 5k thing, and I think I'm really going to LOVE running.

But walking works just fine for weight loss too! My legs are getting super toned and it's only been a month.
  • jetinder
    jetinder Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've primarily walked for the last 8 months ( a bit less now as it's too dark to go offroad where I live in the evening), and my weight loss speaks for itself - 54 kg (119lbs) lost and counting.

I've gone from a 52 chest to 42 (in terms of a suit I recently bought). My waist has gone from a bulging 44inch to 34 inch at the moment and my shirts are now 16 inch collar instead of 18.5. I think there are a few pics in my profile if you want to see.

Ok, I've more recently been counting calories, but without walking it wouldn't have worked.
  • Rai007
    Options
    wow dhalijet
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Wow is right!
  • dlbredesen
    dlbredesen Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I walk 75 minutes ( 5 miles ) five or six days a week. It has worked for me. I have lost nearly 80 pounds with calorie deficit and walking. I love walking and walking loves me. No matter what anyone else says, find what works for you and stick with it.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I walk 75 minutes ( 5 miles ) five or six days a week. It has worked for me. I have lost nearly 80 pounds with calorie deficit and walking. I love walking and walking loves me. No matter what anyone else says, find what works for you and stick with it.

WOW...you SUPER rock--it takes me 2 hours to walk 5 miles. What a tremendous success you are--WOOT!!!!!
  • rememberalwayss
    Options
    Bump!
  • tomthompson1
    tomthompson1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Coming up on January 8th will be 1 year for me, I did log my walks on a spreadsheet until June when my co-worker showed me MFP, my goal is walking 5 nights a week, sometimes it's 7 nights, eating right and walking, halfway to my goal weight! I started at a slow 10 minutes walk, I average about 45 minutes per walk now.
  • gwen485
    gwen485 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • scot30316
    scot30316 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    No progress pics unfortunately as all of the pic sites are blocked at my job.

64 days on MFP. Walking as my only exercise thus far. Eating at a deficit and down 26.8 pounds thus far. This morning I moved from Obese to Overweight according to the CDC BMI calculator.

My first few walks were around 20 minute miles. Now all of them are 13:30-15 minute miles.

Total distance walked since I started on MFP, 124.98 miles.
  • WVNTX
    WVNTX Posts: 3
    Options
    I started my journey August 3rd by counting calories and walking. I do 5 miles in about 75 minutes at least 5 times per week, sometimes 6. Up until recently that is all the exercise I would do. I have added in boot camp once a week on Saturdays, and a few times per week I add some walk/run intervals. I am by no means a runner, but am trying to boost that calorie burn. I have lost 22 lbs, so yes brisk walking is effective!! It also gives you so much more energy to tackle your day!!
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I walk 3-4 miles 5 times a week at a 3.5 - 4 MPH pace. I've dropped 58 lbs in not quite 5 months. Of course, I've also logged every day and with the exception of about 3 days, stayed within my daily calorie goal. No amount of walking will outpace an overly caloric diet.
  • Rai007
    Options
    :smile:
  • brit__2006
    brit__2006 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    When I started my weight loss I only walked. I started at a mile a day every day and got to where I was walking 5-7 miles atleast 3 times a week and 1 mile on the other days. I weighed 298 lbs and walking got me down to 220 lbs, and since then I've still continued to walk. I HATE RUNNING. But I've also added strength training and some cardio like 30 day shred.

5'7
    HW: 298
    CW: 172
    GW: 160

You can look at my profile for pictures of before and now.

Walking works. In my eyes
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!