Frustated...

Options
guess i just need to vent a little. finance wants me to go buy him and my son some ice cream. suggested they both go to sonic and get some, eat then come home. said something bout i aint got to eat it. told him i didnt think i had the will power tonight. then he went there...said well we aint the ones needing to lose weight, if anything we need to gain. i'm pissed and hurt.

Replies

• Dafrog
    Dafrog Posts: 353
    Options
    typo i suggested sonic, he said i aint got to eat it.
  • lap1476
    Options
    It's unfortunate he was being insensitive at the moment...Just keep your eye on the prize and keep your chin up! This is all about you!
  • ashley_h10
    ashley_h10 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Its hard , my husband needs to gain weight also and he eats junk food galore and wont listen when i say i dont want it in the house. He doesnt go about it as rudely as you just described but it is definitely annoying and HARD! Just think though how wonderful it will be when you lose all your weight and you look hot and stunning...maybe hubby might get a little scared...lol
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    That was rude, inconsiderate, and disrespectful!
    We all know the strength and willpower it takes to lose weight when you live with others who don't but to say comments like that are uncalled for.
    He needs to be sleeping outside in the dog house..

Hope your day gets better.
  • callielizabethrocks
    Options
    Its totally understandable and reasonable to be frustrated and upset. You have set a goal and are working hard to achieve it. The unreasonable thing is that the man you are about to commit the rest of your life to is unwilling to support you and is open about shaming you. He should be proud that you are making changes in your life that will lead to better health and a longer life with him and your son. You guys are a family and you have to do things together.

It sounds like you need to have an adult conversation with him about a little bit more than ice cream.
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. Sometimes people just don't realize how hard it is for others to lose weight. Stay strong, keep focused on the end results, you can do this and it will be worth it all. It's been said a thousand times before, but still holds true "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels."
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with 'Poodlepaw's comment. That is really insensitive and should be supporting you when you need it most. My family used to be like that to me a lot... CONSTANTLY pushing food in my face when they knew I was on a diet, or trying to talk me out of it. That's the worst feeling in the world. It sounds like you and your hubby need to have a serious talk about how this affected you... maybe see if you can get to the root (or 'rude' in this case!) of the problem. Why isn't he supporting you? Why would he use such harsh and abusive language. Maybe he doesn't fully understand your point of view or that what he said is counterproductive to you and your diet. I am very proud of you for your willpower and for standing your ground. That's huge and congrats to you!
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Ooops... just a correction... I saw you said fiance, not husband... sorry about that. Another thing though... why can't he get it himself anyway? Don't ever let people push you around, degrade you, or belittle things that are important to you.
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    so sorry your husband was so insensitive

but maybe you can use it to fuel you on!

when i was halfway through weight loss last time i was chatting to a guy online, met up with him and as we were sat having a coffee he asked 'so you work out most days...wow, you must eat alot!!' with a really insulting tone...i was offended but i took that and it gave me the determination to stick with it and lose the weight....i went on to hit my target goal of 126lbs and looked fab
  • mykaar74
    mykaar74 Posts: 253
    Options
    hang in there keep your eye on the prize (your new healthier life). Unfortunately our loved ones can be insensitive, and unsupportive but just try to find positive ways to work through it, so if venting helps go on type it out we're here
  • brice02
    brice02 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My husband does the same thing, then we sat down and talked about it, it is his insecurities thats the problem, he is afraid I will get skinny and find someone else. I had to reassure him.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Hang it there! Others who don't struggle with their weight are not always understanding.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    guess i just need to vent a little. finance wants me to go buy him and my son some ice cream. suggested they both go to sonic and get some, eat then come home. said something bout i aint got to eat it. told him i didnt think i had the will power tonight. then he went there...said well we aint the ones needing to lose weight, if anything we need to gain. i'm pissed and hurt.

Is that so? Well just you tell him that you don't have to go buy it either and if he wants it, to go and bloody well buy it himself.

Not only was he totally insensitive to your feelings and efforts, but he is being selfish. Ask him is he is going to support you or try to sabotage your efforts, if it is the former, tell him to walk his talk and not ask you to buy crap that you may be unable to resist.
  • babygirlrere
    Options
    I CAN FEEL YOUR FRUSTRATIONS ..... AN YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE UPSET ........HE SHOULD RESPECT YOU ENOUGH TO NOT EVEN GO THERE WITH YOU.......KEEP YOUR HEAD UP AND EYES OPEN SO THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DETECT ANY ATTEMPTS TO SABATOGE THE GOALS YOU HAVE.....AND IM SO PROUD OF YOU FOR STANDING UP FOR YOUR HEALTH AND GOALS.......