Midlife male looking for support

Options
Hello! I'm a white 46 year old male who sits own his *kitten* all day and works on a computer. I then go home and sit some more. Why I'm I so unmotivated to exercise? Anyway, my doctor suggested this web site and the mobile app to go with it so I'm going to try again. I'm currently at 320 lbs and my ultimate goal is 250. My immediate goal is 290 by springtime. I'm reaching out and looking to make friends with like-minded individuals who also need support in achieving their goals. I figure having people to be accountable to can only help. right? Holla!:smile:

Replies

• SD67
    SD67 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    We can do it!! Make sure you log on here daily and use the food diary and exercise options always and you will be good. Eat better and healthier and start getting out and doing something and the weight will disappear. Just getting out and walking in your neighborhood will be a huge change for you. Also dropping things like pop and fast food will be huge for you. I am saying that as someone who loves his Wendy's and McDonald's.
  • JarrodFit4Life
    Options
    Welcome!

I have used this site and app mainly to track my food on and off for the past couple of years. I recently decided to dive back in to help motivate my fiancé who just gave birth to our first baby boy. She is looking to get fit and dial in her exercise and nutrition and I'm here to help her (and anyone else) do exactly that. If have any questions about exercise, exercise programs, diets, or just need some good ol' fashion motivation, feel free to message me any time!
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Trick is to start with small steps so you don't overwhelm yourself :-)

Add me if you want
  • hopemarie73
    hopemarie73 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi ya...I would love to be your friend and offer you some support :smile:
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    The most important advice I can give you is to find things that you can stick with forever (basically). Turning positives (eating better, exercising, etc) into habits is at least half the battle.
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Hey - I'm a 45 year old dude that sits in front of a screen all day as well.
    I started losing weight about three years ago and went from about 285 to 200. I've put some back on, so now I'm trying to relose (is that a word? probably not) 30 pounds plus an additional 10.
    Feel free to add me.
    Good luck on your journey!
  • daijo2013
    Options
    Hi I know how you feel I am 34 years old and 284 pounds feeling pretty much the same as you. Just stumbled upon this and trying hard. Add me and we will succeed.

52794497.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • the_oncomingstorm
    Options
    Your description sounds like me. Feel free to send me a friend request
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP has been the best tool for me! Feel free to add!
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Congrats on a great first step! Try to make small changes every day... they really do add up! :) Good luck - you can do it!
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Options
    Very similar here, I am an IT geek and am on my butt a lot. 3 Weeks ago I started logging, eating better, and walk for 60 minutes most days. I am down over 12 pounds and starting to feel better. It hasn't been easy though, you gotta want to do it! I just got tired of sitting around and feeling like crap. I am early in this but fully invested right now... Just do it my good man!
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    I'm on here everyday supporting lots of friends. Add me if you wish.

You can do this!
  • adlace
    adlace Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    with ya on the midlife. good luck, add me if you wish. I'm here every day till it gets done...
  • annemcharles
    annemcharles Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am a 38 y/o female. I am at a healthy weight. love to exercise, but also LOVE to eat! MFP has held me accountable with my food choices. I have been on for 11 months and it has really helped me so much! I am happy to support you if you want it. Regardless best of luck on your journey! (one word of advice: be forgiving of yourself when you have "bad" days!)