New and needing motivation 5'4 female at 140lbs

I used this app about a year and a half ago. I am 25, female, 5'5" and went from 147 down to 128 (with a goal of 125) in about a years time. I stayed on a diet of 1200 most of the time, only drink 8oz of coffee everything else water and did crossfit, spin and Water Pilates. I got burnt out and stuck in a plateau on the low calorie diet and exercise and have slowly got back into bad but not straight junk food diet. I have a decent diet but it's not enough. I still go to spin a bit too. Anyway I am starting again! Right now I am at 140 lbs and my goal is to be under 130 if not 125. I'm not going to kill myself over those last 5 ibs though. So far I'm drinking around 100 oz of water. Trying to stick between 1200 and 1500 calories a day and focusing on cleaner foods with less dairy, bread or pasta. I'm also teaching Pilates twice a week and going to spin twice a week as well. I would love any motivation from others and possibly people in similar situations and find out what works for you.

Replies

• danahouseholderr
    danahouseholderr Posts: 66 Member
    I am totally in the same boat! I'm 22 and 5'3" and I started MFP last December at around 150 lbs and got down to 125 by May of this year. But then I graduated college, broke up with my boyfriend, got a new job, and then a new boyfriend LOL and then moved so I had a lot of stress put on me all at once. I got back up to 136ish but have been dedicated to lose it. So I started strength training/lifting heavier and I've actually gained 4 lbs up to 140, most likely from muscle growth.

But I know how you feel! I'm trying to reach my goal weight of 120 but I'm not so sure anymore haha. I've reached a plateau so we will see. But don't fret, it's totally frustrating but by the things you're doing it will totally be possible for you to get there again.
  • Whutto1
    Whutto1 Posts: 66 Member
    Ha, well same boat here too!! I'm 5'5" 140 lbs. I got down to about 130 but just got burnt out and tired of being hungry all the time. I have been 140 for about 10+ years. I have kind of came to the conclusion that I am not going to worry about my weight but rather my goal of toning and building muscle. I am currently doing Chalean extreme and loving it!!
  • Eleanorshak
    Eleanorshak Posts: 9 Member
    Hi there. I'm in a similar position - a bit taller and a bit heavier (5'7 and 146lb). Just want to lose 11lb and get down to 135 but am really struggling! As I said on another post, I'm fed up with being that boring person who doesn't have that much to lose, keeps going on about it but never succeeds! I do best when I'm doing plenty of swimming and pilates and cut right down on bad carbs (uh...cake and wine. Bit obvious really...). I just haven't been prioritizing the good stuff lately. Sounds like you have a brilliant plan, good luck.