Relatively new to this - cant seem to lose on my arms

Options
I have lost 44.5 inches all over since I started my new lifestyle in June. The thing is I have only lost one inch on each upper arm since I started. I do 60 mins at the gym everyday, 30 mins cardio and 30mins weights (circuit). I also use he kettle weight during the circuit. Are the arms really that difficult to lose from? Any tips?

Replies

• ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Really nothing you can do abt it. They will get smaller as you lose weight, and I've gained muscle underneath the fat that you can feel. I also do kettlebell training. Just keep doing what your doing and eventually the fat will come off.
  • lisacarrana
    lisacarrana Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you're right, it just seems to be shifting everywhere except the arms. I guess I should be more patient, I may try a kettlebell class, it can only help I guess! Thanks.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    If you're losing, then you're probably doing just fine. You just need to be more patient.
  • nikkivarts
    nikkivarts Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I always have had "bigger" arms than other people. While losing weight, it frustrated me because I couldn't notice a difference. Honestly, I suggest basic strength workouts (planks and pushups do miracles) and some basic weight exercises. Adding muscle in your arms really does make a huge difference (the fat turns to flab). It takes a while to show, but when it does show, you'll be so happy.
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Have your arms always been big? mine always and i mean always have been. I remember being self conscious abt it in middle school.
  • lisacarrana
    lisacarrana Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Yep my arms have always been big, in fact thinking about it I have lays felt conscience about them. I was relieved to see one inch come off, can't wait for more to go. I have never been a patient person, but I think with this I will have to be.