im not hungry but i NEED to eat

Options
so i am sick and nothing sound good at all, im not hungry, just thirsty. i have gotten almost no nutrition today so i was thinking about eating a protein bar? It’s the cliff body builder ones, it has 20g of protein, 230 sodium, 31g carbs, 200g potassium, 20 sugars, 8g of fat, it also has a lot of minerals. So since i need something to put in my stomach would this cliff bar work for now? Food sounds gross but i know i need to eat and this seems like my only option at the moment since its small and has a good amount of nutrition (for now) :( I couldn’t even finish my lunch. i will have to eat later but for now, will it work? i really want to workout tonight since i didn't last night ( too sick) and now that i don't even want to eat im not sure if working out is a good idea. i will be really upset if i can't work out tomorrow too.

Also i find it weird that i drank 2 water bottles in the past hour and a half and only went to the bathroom once, usually im going every 10 mins. Maybe im dehydrated?

Replies

• mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    If you are sick and you body doesn't want food then don't force it. Drink plenty of liquids and if you really feel you need some type of nutrition drink some chicken broth. When you feel like eating again, start small and bland and work your way back to a normal diet from there.

Feel better!
  • Tuili
    Tuili Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    If you have protein drinks, you can try those. It will give you some nutrition.
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Agreed... Don't force feed yourself and yes, if you're not peeing, there's a good chance that you are dehydrated. Keep drinking water and/or gatorade. There's no problem with the protein bar, but if you don't feel like eating, don't. You'll get hungry once you start to feel better... Oh, and please don't think about exercising.
  • samco66
    samco66 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Agreed... Don't force feed yourself and yes, if you're not peeing, there's a good chance that you are dehydrated. Keep drinking water and/or gatorade. There's no problem with the protein bar, but if you don't feel like eating, don't. You'll get hungry once you start to feel better... Oh, and please don't think about exercising.

thanks for the answer, i will try and eat it once i feel hungry, and it looks like i won't be owkring out again :( how upseting.
  • samco66
    Options
    If you are sick and you body doesn't want food then don't force it. Drink plenty of liquids and if you really feel you need some type of nutrition drink some chicken broth. When you feel like eating again, start small and bland and work your way back to a normal diet from there.

Feel better!

wow, chicken broth sounds so good right now, i think im going to go buy some. I completly forgot about that. thanks for the answer! :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    don't worry about it...you're sick...just take care of yourself...plenty of fluids. As someone else mentioned, broth often goes down nicely. I don't even worry about my food diary when I'm sick.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    If you are sick, and not hungry, go for some soup or broth of some kind.
  • samco66
    Options
    SO after 6 glasses of water today i feel SO much better, im acutally starving right now. I ate the protein bar, a banana and im going to go eat my apple, maybe some carrots and then dinner when i get home. SO happy to be feeling better, i felt like **** erlier.

:)))
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options