how much do i have to eat?!

rey2308
rey2308 Posts: 4
edited September 22 in Food and Nutrition
So im doing P90x and i play soccer just about everyday. I filled out some stuff on here and it tells me my net calories should be around 3000, that means that after i work out and everything i should have 3000 left right? Well as of right now i dont know how much im burning but i do know that im not even eating 3000 calories a day Im guessing im not eating nearly enough to have my net value at 3000. Is it even possible to do that? Please somebody take a look at my food diary and goals or whatever and let me know if im crazy or what because i realy have no idea what im doing :(

Replies

• kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    High calories foods like nuts, avacado, whole grain breads and pastas, meat, cheese, and higher cal choices for fruits and veggies- like bananas or sweet potatos can definitely help you to get to where you need to be. Try eating more frequently throughout the day to fit these energy-giving foods into your diet. I will say, however, that it would be a great idea to invest in a heart rate monitor to REALLY make yourself aware of how much you are burning. Otherwise your numbers are just guesses and, from personal experience, they may be REALLY off.
  • 3000 a day sounds high, are you particularly active outside of your sports? Or does that include your calories burned from exercise? FWIW, my target is 1800 a day excluding calories burned through exercise...

If that number is correct, I would agree with kerrilucko, change the source of your calories to "good" carbs and try and spread it "little and often" throughout the day. And don't make the mistake of eating unhealthy food just cos it's high carb :)
  • I actually just ordered a heart rate monitor so im just waiting on it to come in now :) hopefully it will be easier for me to see what i need to do when i know my exact numbers. Thanks i really appreciate the help!
This discussion has been closed.