Favorite Healthy Living Magazine?

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
I was just curious what you like to read to help inform and motivate you?

I subscribe to Self and Cooking Light. I wait, with great anticipation for both to arrive each month!! And then I can't wait for the quiet moment I can sit and go through them. Cooking Light has a lot more than great recipes. I love it! Plus, they aren't always so focused on "fat free"...but just about cutting back where you can. I have made many great dishes from them. And Self is full of great info on diet, exercise, beauty, etc.

I am thinking about subscribing to Fitness. I bought one and really like it! This month has some great at home workouts!

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I was just curious what you like to read to help inform and motivate you?

I subscribe to Self and Cooking Light. I wait, with great anticipation for both to arrive each month!! And then I can't wait for the quiet moment I can sit and go through them. Cooking Light has a lot more than great recipes. I love it! Plus, they aren't always so focused on "fat free"...but just about cutting back where you can. I have made many great dishes from them. And Self is full of great info on diet, exercise, beauty, etc.

I am thinking about subscribing to Fitness. I bought one and really like it! This month has some great at home workouts!
  • tiliquinones
    Options
    I LOVE TO READ:
    HEALTH MAGAZINE
    FITNESS MAGAZINE
    SHAPE MAGAZINE &
    FAMILY CIRCLE
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I like Fitness and Women's Health. They both always have new workout moves to try. I prefer Fitness, because the models they use are more "normal" and less perfect. Something to strive for, but attainable role models vs. I will look like that "never."
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I posted this earlier:

So, I have to share this tip with everyone!! Yesterday at the store I picked up a copy of Clean Eating Magazine. I read about it in Oxygen Magazine (LOVE IT!) and wanted to check it out. I must say, it is a MUST HAVE for anyone on this path. FULL of fabulous recipes with full nutritional break downs and exactly the kind of thing we all want. Check out http://cleaneatingmag.com Every page is 100% complimentary to this process. The smartest health mag I've ever read. :happy: :happy: :happy:

It's better than any other food mag I've ever read, and I've read a LOT. I'm a whole foods nut and really don't like eating "healthy" by means of using sucralose, egg beaters, anything whose ingredient lists contain things beyond what they are supposed to represent. This mag is PACKED with simple recipes with uncomplicated ingredient lists and this issue has a whole host of ideas for summer entertaining, mocktails, staying on a clean eating path while going to bbq parties and so on. Honestly the magazine felt like a recipe book and manual to go along with this website. All of the meals are FULL of nourishment and easy on cals. It's put out by the same people who create Oxygen Magazine and it seems that they expect people to have a base diet of between 1200 and 1500 calories a day of quality foods. The magazine just began this year I believe and it is revolutionary. The subscription price for 2 years is under $18 right now. Honestly I wouldn't even try hunting it down if it SOUNDS like something you'd like because you'll want to subscribe and it's less the cost of 3 issues.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Oh, yeah. . .I love Clean Eating. Oxygen, however, is not my cup of tea. . .too many supplement ads for me.

But Clean Eating is essentially a month-long guide to eating well, complete with shopping lists and recipes. And workouts. It's awesome. Can't believe I didn't mention it.:flowerforyou:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Oh, yeah. . .I love Clean Eating. Oxygen, however, is not my cup of tea. . .too many supplement ads for me.

But Clean Eating is essentially a month-long guide to eating well, complete with shopping lists and recipes. And workouts. It's awesome. Can't believe I didn't mention it.:flowerforyou:

I do agree that Oxygen is WAY too full of ads for supplements and weight loss formulas, but the quality of the advice for work-outs and techniques can't be beat. I happily overlook the heavy ad content for the rest of it. But the best thing to come of it was learning about Clean Eating Mag and Tosca Reno's cookbook. Both FAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!