Sorry to be so needy!

Options
Hello again! :) I hope everyone is doing good. I'm bad on the message boards and I'm posting because I'm completely fell off the wagon, and I felt like this before and I came on to MFP and wrote my first topic and everyone's support and what they had to say blew me away and it put me into "Super Tarran" mode and I was ready to lose weight. Well, I'm back to where I started (again) and I'm so upset with myself about it. I don't know why I do this stuff to myself. BOY O BOY...I have like 100+ pounds to lose & my daughter is 4 months old, I want to be healthy for her, for me, for my relationship, for my life. I want to look good and feel good. I don't know why I am having such a difficult time, I know I can do better. Consistency is my biggest problem...What do they say like 21 days to make a habit? Maybe I should set my 1st goal as going for 21 days eating healthy and 21 days exercising? I don't know what to do, I just wanted to write this in hopes it would give me the inspiration it did the first time. :) Thanks everyone for reading.

Replies

• Chrissun
    Chrissun Posts: 148
    Options
    I have "needy" days too. I'm glad you reached out. In a few months you'll have the chance to pay it forward.
    Having a baby is a huge change. Life is crazy, it's hard but sometimes you have to take it slow. Work on 1 day at a time, or 1 meal at a time. Focus more on the positive changes your making vs. the negative.

You'll get there...1# at a time. 1# a week is great and adds up to 54 a year! Even if you take things slow you'll be at your goal sooner than you realize!
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and keep going. Recommit, and forget about the past. This is all about the present and the future. What are you going to eat today, or do today, or both, that will help you tomorrow.

Every day is a new chance to succeed.
  • watkinsc
    watkinsc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You're having a difficult time, because this IS difficult! Geesh girl, cut yourself some slack =) .. You're here, right? Step one, check. You want to be healthier. Step two, check. Start small and reasonable. Get a REALISTIC calorie goal (extreme diets, do not work). And work with it for a week or two. Then add some activity, REALISTIC activity. ( Don't try to jog 5 miles if you have never jogged before ) I think we get ourselves discouraged because we expect too much too soon. Remember, you are making a lifestyle change, not starting a diet. Wake up tomorrow on your way to better health. Step three, check? Add me as a friend if you would like! =)
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    You're not the only who's needy; we all are at times.
    I wouldn't even take your goals out that far; for now just take it one meal at a time, one day at a time. It's easier to focus on some things when they're not so far in the distance.
    I've been walking and eating healthier for just about three months now BUT I still have days where I can only deal with the next meal coming up.

Don't focus on your big goals; focus on the little daily ones and you'll succeed.:heart:
  • hawkeye01
    hawkeye01 Posts: 162
    Options
    Pretend like your rear view mirror is gone and that you are no longer able to look behind you or in the past. The future is in FRONT of you and looks bright. You need to forget about what you can't control which is the past and focus on what you can control which is your future. ALL of us have good days and bad days, but what makes a real difference are those that don't sweat the bad ones and get back on track. I know it's easier said than done, but you will be surprised what just a day or two of healthy eating and exercising will do for your sell esteem and confidence.

Hang in there and take care. Hawkeye
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. Pick yourself up and today is a new day. Start one day at a time. Maybe plan your meals. I find that it is easier not to stray when I don't have to decide what I will eat that day. Make sure you have healthy snacks around to munch on if you are craving something. Also 'purge' the house of all the goodies and replace with fruit and things like that. Also easier not to stray when it isn't around to eat. Also, give yourself a hug. You have started the journey and that is the hardest steps. I've had 4 kids and I wish I would have done things healthier but that is the past for me. I'm now working on getting the 'baby' (my youngest is 15 lol) off. Good luck and add me as a friend if you would like. I just started a little over a week ago and tryin to not get discouraged. I hurt my back last friday so I'm proud that I haven't gained any weight. Remember, one step at a time.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Making a lifestyle change is hard, but you CAN do it! Take it one day at a time. I think a goal of 21 days of eating healthy and 21 days of exercising is a great place to start - the pounds and inches will come off, but focus on the lifestyle changes and use your resources. Ask for help, get support, and keep on plugging away - you CAN do this!