Wedding Ring

Options
So far, I have lost 19lbs since Feb, and 14lbs of it has been since I joined MFP in Aug.

Which is wonderful! but my wedding ring no longer fits!! It flew off twice yesterday.

Anyone else have this problem? I never thought my fingers were fat before. But I guess I'm losing the weight everywhere!

Replies

• udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too! I chalk it up to a wonderful thing, but now I have to wear my ring on my necklace until I am done losing the weight I want.
    We were never able to afford a really nice ring like he wanted to give me, so he promises when I am done he is saving up for that ring I deserve. Guess we will see.
  • treasurep
    treasurep Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I feel ya. Have to take mine in but can't bear to part with it for a week. got medical tape on it as we speak.
  • lovinyoutwo
    lovinyoutwo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Since I started watching what I eat and working out, I lost a total of 18lbs and I also have the same problem....my rings fall off
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Yep....same problem here! I told my husband that I'll have to get it sized eventually. What do you call those little bar things that go on a ring to make them fit a smaller size? Anyway, I plan to use one of those until I get to my goal weight so that I only have to get it sized once. Great accomplishment though! Congrats! Don't lose that ring though! :)
  • kimykins007
    kimykins007 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mine, too! I placed a ring guard (small band) in front of it yesterday to keep it from flying off again until I can have it resized. I don't want to rush in to have it done because I'm hoping I will continue to lose weight. Mini goal - Have my ring resized when I reach my goal. Keep up the great work!
  • sweetg1222
    Options
    I ahve the same problem!!! I tied a small piece of string around the back of it to keep it on.....never thought my fingers were fat!!! =)
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Lost my wedding band.....who would think that you lose the most weight in your fingers 1st!!!!
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    ring snuggies! :)
  • katerinab
    katerinab Posts: 107
    Options
    I haven't gotten to the point where they fly off, but I HAVE gotten to the point where I can actually take them off with no effort - they were kinda stuck before.
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    This is a GREAT problem to have! My wedding rings were STUCK on my fingers for TWO. YEARS. when I put the weight on. Getting them off and having them be big was a HUGE accomplishment.

Just be sure you don't injure anyone with your flying ice :)

Charmagne
  • ashleyinthestars
    ashleyinthestars Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue! I need to have both rings taken down from a 7 to a 5.5! (I have small hands & feet) I'm not sure my hands are going to get much smaller because my high school class ring fits again (hooray!) so I'm thinking about getting them resized before my sister-in-law's wedding in April.
  • olney75
    olney75 Posts: 36
    Options
    yeah ive noticed this lately too! and i used to wear a 5.5....so i dont know what its down to now.....which sucks cuz its hard enough to find a 5.5!
  • 1fitmama
    1fitmama Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Same here! I have been wearing my rings on my necklace, but think I will get those ring guards/snuggies until I am at my goal weight.
  • JoyJulRay
    JoyJulRay Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I almost lost my ring in the pool last week, glad I wasnt in the deep end I might not have found it,
    So now I just take it off before I get in the pool.
  • Kaye8395BTS
    Kaye8395BTS Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I dont have a wedding ring, but my family crest ring is trying to make an escape! For years I did not wear it because it was a size 6 then I resized it to an 8, then it split (who knows how) and when I got it fixed they made it a 7....now I'm thinking I need a 6 again :o) which made me realize I have not weighed this little since college! WOOHOO!
  • Shawna_831
    Options
    I'm with you on this. My rings are falling off all the time now. I was cleaning yesterday and had to take them off so I wouldn't lose them. I'll resize them once I lose 15 more pounds. I am a little worried about Winter time being just around the corner. My fingers always shrink when its cold out.
  • Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I haven't had them fly off yet but I defiantly notice they don't fit the same now!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    My wedding ring, goes round and round and round and round.. boy I'm dizzy now.. Drives me crazy!!!..I am constantly adjusting it because it's so lose now... But they have sizers available .. it's like a little bandaid that you put on around the back to help it stay in place.

I have free sizing for life.. so when I meet my goal I will go get them sized.
  • mmannequinn
    mmannequinn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    my engagement ring just goes around & around >_<
  • troyindallas
    troyindallas Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yeah and now I have a bigger problem.....I lost mine this week. I am happy for the 40lbs lost, but bummed about the ring. I think it came off while washing my hands, when I use a papertowel it would come off every time. I tried to be careful, but obviously got distracted at some point. Take heed, get it resized or remove it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!