Over Caloric Limit for the day, What to eat?

Options
Lets say if you had a big dinner at 5:30, that burned up your caloric limit for the day, but you get hungry around 7:30-8, What would you snack on so you don't go over the limit?

Replies

• Jsneel
    Jsneel Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Be sure you drink as close to 8 glasses of water daily... If it's hunger not tiredness or thirst then there's yummy red delecious apples that's good in fiber or if I want cake I just get smaller portions. If I go over limit by 100-200 that's ok with me bc this is a healthy lifestyle and it had to be something I can do the rest of my life. I'm so thankful!!!
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Well, if I'm already over my limit, the answer is "nothing". I would do something else to take my mind off my desire to snack.

If I'm within 100 calories of my limit, I'd just have a bag of 100 calorie popcorn. It's quick, easy, and it takes awhile to eat. By the time you're done, you feel like you've eaten something.
  • jenpinkrn
    Options
    Drink hot tea with a no calorie sweetener or hot broth. Sugar free jello or hot cocoa. :drinker:
  • inverseofmissy
    inverseofmissy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I will do just about anything to not go over my calories, lol. I'm kinda OCD about it. I would either go to bed early, or do a workout to earn some more calories and drink a glass of milk to hold me over til I get to sleep.
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I would go for a walk. Takes my mind off the food, and if I do it for an hour and I decide I'm still hungry after that, I have room for some fruit or something.
  • einzweidrei
    einzweidrei Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    If I've been pretty good for the week, meaning I've been consistently under/at, I will probably let it slide. I'll pop my own popcorn (low calorie) after I take a little walk or a low calorie ice pop.
  • stephicozar
    stephicozar Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I will sometimes have a cup of peppermint tea or there are lite jelly/jello option out there that have about 4 calories in them. otherwise, I'll drink water and go to bed early!
  • novachaos
    Options
    It could be that you need water, so I would try drinking a glass of water and seeing if that helps. From there, I would either go with a piece of low-fat protein (maybe a couple oz of chicken) to get the fat that will help with feeling full, while also getting a boost from protein. Or eat some veggies with protein (maybe carrots/hummus) to help squash the hunger pangs. :-)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    anything filling.

Plan the days better in the future so it doesn't happen. (I don't have dinner until 8pm normally to avoid the issue)
  • kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'd have 20 or so almonds or a few pieces of pepperoni. I love pepperoni.
  • Nouurann
    Nouurann Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Omg if you've been logging everything you eat you're eating way under! One day is only logged as not even 500. If that's the case, EAT. Maybe even a hearty sandwich!

If you just haven't been logging and eating a proper amount then munch on veggies or popcorn or gum
  • callie006
    callie006 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I tend to think of my calories in terms of the week, so unless I'm in danger of having a bad week, I would probably just eat something like yogurt or cottage cheese and fruit if I'm ravenous. If I'm not quite ready to gnaw off my arm, I'll make peppermint tea and tell myself that I can have food if I'm still hungry in an hour. Usually, I'm fine after an hour, but if I'm still really hungry, I'll eat something.
  • LanceKarcher
    LanceKarcher Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Forget eating! I would go out for a 4 mile run, re-hydrate, take a shower watch TV for an hour and go to bed.
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Options
    ^^i would not do the 4 mile run.
  • Brunette122
    Brunette122 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    this happened to me tonight! i had a clementine - 35 calories and a weight watchers string cheese - 50 calories. Only 85 over, no biggie :)
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Lets say if you had a big dinner at 5:30, that burned up your caloric limit for the day, but you get hungry around 7:30-8, What would you snack on so you don't go over the limit?

Nothing.

Go to bed early, eat in the morning.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Find something at least bit healthy around the house and try to plan a bit better tomorrow. Weight loss isn't a 24 hour period kind of game, its collective. For beat yourself up if you need a little extra but just plan better to not make it an everyday occurrence.
  • sunsetzen
    sunsetzen Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    When were you over your limit? You only went over 1000 calories once, and even then, you didnt eat your limit of 1200. You need to work on EATING!
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    If I really need to eat, raw veggies. You can eat quite a bit without adding many calories. First I'd try drinking more water or maybe even just going to bed early to avoid needing to eat.
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options

Nothing.

Go to bed early, eat in the morning.

On the few occasions that I've done this, my hunger has actually woken me from sleep in the middle of the night.