Ladies Who Are 5'9, What Is Your Goal Weight?

Options

Replies

• Swiftdogs
    Swiftdogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my SW was 169, right now I am 160 and it has been 4 months since I started tracking calories and going to the gym. Today I am still at 160 and I have been stuck here for a month. My goal is to get down to 140. Does anyone have advice that lost/wants to lose a similar amount? I don't know if I am at a plateau or if my body is getting used to my routine? I am feeling very discouraged.

I can relate! I dropped the first 10-12 pounds in a few weeks and thought this was going to be easy. Then I got stuck for 2 months bouncing around the same couple of pounds. Just the last few weeks my weight has dropped again like it literally fell off that plateau. If you're certain you're recording your calories accurately and not eating too much or too little, just stick with it. Weight loss is definitely not linear. Reading these boards is a big help, especially the pinned posts at the top.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my goal weight is 130 for now. I'm kicking around some ideas of where I want to go from here, but I may just maintain for a while. I don't know if I want/need to, but in order to push beyond my lifting, I may have to put on some more muscle.
  • lilikat80
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my SW was 274. CW is 246. My goal is 165.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Im 5'9 and 152 currently. Goal weight is low to mid 130's.
  • inverseofmissy
    inverseofmissy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My goal is set at 150 but I will see how I look/feel when I get closer to that weight. I'm not set on it. I just want to like my body and feel comfortable and feel like I look good. I have some serious hips and I wouldn't want to ever look bony so I'm cool with whatever looks good on my frame.
  • einzweidrei
    einzweidrei Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    When I hit 170, I thought, "Oh no." Love handles galore.

Now I'm in the mid-140s. Much better.

My goal weight is around 140. Then I'll decide if I want to head to 135. I probably won't but you never know. I don't have a small frame so I might not like how it looks eventually.
  • daynation
    daynation Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I an 5'8". When I started this journey, I thought 164 would be great.

Now that I get closer to that goal, I realized that I will have to go a bit lower on the weight to get comfortable. This realization came as I started to see my body more clearly, and seeing that the camera was not lying. I was to myself.

I am not sure that number final number will be, so will take it in 5 lb goals.

Sorry I could not be more specific.

:happy:
  • jesserunsfree
    jesserunsfree Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 9" and can't remember the last time I was under 200 lbs ... maybe 5th grade. So under 200 would be nice and then to see what every 10 lbs under that feels like. I dont want to be too thin.
  • Ally9842754889
    Ally9842754889 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and would love to get to 165 (I think). For now 199 seems like a lovely goal for Spring. SW 237, CW 229
  • GoMilner
    GoMilner Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Shooting for 170 for now.
  • Anewcrys
    Anewcrys Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and got down to 200 and was a size 14, I liked that size but I think 180 would be perfect for me :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" with similar goals. I started at 307, then when I started MFP at 262 my goal was 220, then 199...I will be there in 12 lb from now and looking down at 180 but have a feeling 170s might be where I maintain. Unsure.
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    5'11". Currently 185, my goal is the low 150s, but I would be happy at 160. Whatever weight puts me in a size 6 again. :)
  • bigb2001
    bigb2001 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and my goal is 160!!!
  • kmberkness
    kmberkness Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5'9", and goal is to loose an average of 5lbs a month through the winter to reach my goal of 160 by summer. SW 193, CW 186 after a month of calorie counting and a goal of 90 minutes of exercise a week. Looking at starting strength training/lifting so I can keep up the weight loss.
  • jenna_michael
    Options
    True... I'm just saying I was unhappy with my body and thanks to this, I feel a lot better.
  • EvyMetal
    Options
    I am 5'9" and started in January of this year at 247.5 lbs - have lost 78 lbs to date and my goal is 160 by my birthday in January. According to the charts I am big boned so this is a good weight for me. I have been 150 before and it was not a comfortable weight.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and maintaining at 145. I may increase that if I decide to add some muscle, but I don't think I would look good much lower, especially at my advanced age. :laugh:
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10". I'm currently aiming for 160lbs then going to assess my situation.

My ultimate goal will likely be in the 150s or something, buuuut it will depend. Right now I weigh 179.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    5' 9.5", currently mid-180s, goal of 170.