I feel like I am isolating myself.

Options
I feel like i am isolating myself due to the weight I have put on and failed a big test I needed to pass. I even deactivated facebook due to this reason and I don't want people to see what I look like now. I guess I just need some motivation in feeling better about myself until I get to my goal weight.

Replies

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i get it. I do something similar by not posting many pictures of myself on various social media outlets (here included).

Just a couple quick things to get you jump started - set short term, attainable goals. these can be exercise related (# of steps a day, weight amounts, etc). that way you can celebrate those well before you reach your goal weight. Also, get involved with friends on your list. Chat them up and celebrate with them and they will do the same for you.
  • mathemr06
    Options
    Thanks for the advice....Maybe I can celebrate every 10 pounds :)
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    You could just not post photos on facebook.

Find out what motivates you. Maybe feeling comfortable posting selfies would be your motivation.
  • nurseison
    nurseison Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Every 10 lbs? Heck celebrate every pound!!!!!!! Each pound is that much closer. It's hard to loose just a pound, so let us know. It's still an achievement. So, no waiting for 10lbs, each pound!!!!!!!!
    I like to post my picture because I hate looking at it. I never knew I was that large because I didn't feel that large inside. So, for me, I post it to remind me that I do not want to look like I do in that picture.
    I agree with the last post. Post here and you will receive lots of positive feedback.
    As far as your test, everyone has failed a test. I think we just learn from our mistakes and make changes. I'm a nurse and I failed my very first nursing test. So, I went to my teacher to talk about it. She gave me some insight and I passed the rest of the tests. So, no worries, you'll do better next time!