Any success with abdominal scars?

Hi!! I'm just wondering if anyone has had a great deal of success with weight loss/ decently flat tummy while having a scared up stomach. I have a normal c-section scar plus a scar from my pelvic bone through my belly button. I'm hoping someone may have an inspirational story/pictures to share with me. I am having a very tough time losing inches off my stomach. Thank you to anyone who may be able to help:)

Replies

• Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    I've never had a c section but got my gallbladder removed @ 5 months pregnant & appendix removed 2 weeks after delivery. 2 1/2 years later & the scars are not as noticeable except around my bellybutton. Will never wear a bikini, but my stomach is flatter now than before I had my kiddo. Good luck!
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    same here---getting better but I will never wear a two piece.
  • I had a bowel resection about 7 years ago now...massive scar right down the middle of my stomach leaving me with no core strength at all and a big floppy belly, I started pilates a few months ago with a teacher who is an ex ballet dancer and incredibly good and the difference in my mid section in that short time is amazing.
  • RemyRed33
    RemyRed33 Posts: 7 Member
    I have a VERY VISIBLE scar from appendix t surgery. I used liquid vitamin E and It faded over the years - it worked even with the old scars :)
  • I'm not concerned with the look of my scar, that doesn't bug me at all I earned thoses scars and I'm alive because of one of them. I'm just wondering if I'll get the muscle back in my stomach or if my stomach always gunna be fatty and soft.
  • anwylyd_un
    anwylyd_un Posts: 164 Member
    My abdomen has been opened up about 8 times in all and is scarred from here to christmas. That said, it is toning up just fine, I just have to be a bit careful that I don't put excessive strain on my stoma. The scars themselves are coping just fine with the abuse though :smile:
  • I weighed about 230 when my daughter was delivered by C-section almost 34 years ago.
    The doctor made a vertical incision on my abdomen, instead of a 'bikini cut'. Therefore, I have another
    set of buttocks in front. I hope they can tighten up as they are deflated by my weight loss.
    Can anyone give me some hope?

Best wishes!
  • I weighed about 230 when my daughter was delivered by C-section almost 34 years ago.
    The doctor made a vertical incision on my abdomen, instead of a 'bikini cut'. Therefore, I have another
    set of buttocks in front. I hope they can tighten up as they are deflated by my weight loss.
    Can anyone give me some hope?

Best wishes!

My mother is still 'blaming' me for ruining her bikini body when she had to have emergency c-section when she had me. They did the vertical incision on her as well, and her scar is really bad, that said, she was pretty fit when she had me, so not sure about weightless and how it affects how it looks.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!