How to Look & Feel Great at the Beach

Options
mdhummel
mdhummel Posts: 201 Member
Going to St. Martin in two weeks and I had a minor meltdown in my bathing suit last night. Even though I lost 20 lbs. I'm not quite confident in my new skin yet and I'm just not ready to expose my pale flesh to the world. (I'll be doing crunches every night before the vacation!)

Any tips on how to look and feel great at the beach?

Replies

• FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Jaegermeister
  • Gaby_BV
    Options
    get drunk?
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    bring an ugly friend
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Spray tan, everything looks better when it's tanned
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Best advice is to get out of your own head my lovely friend:) Shucks I spent my summer modeling swimsuits and I still had days I felt awkward and derpy looking. I'm about as fair skinned as they come and honestly I adore it. Just enjoy being at the beach and don't get wrapped up in how you look. Have fun!
  • MondayMaybe
    MondayMaybe Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i would suggest a little bit of spray tan, it makes skin look so glowing and healthy and summer-ish.. and if that won't be enough, a margarita (or other drink of your choice) will definitely do it. :)
  • Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    oil...lots and lots of oil...
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    A spray tan, a nice sarong and a huge smile.

Fake it til you make it!!
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hahaha reading the first 5 rapid-fire suggestions just made me laugh so hard

All wonderful ideas :)
  • mdhummel
    mdhummel Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Haha, I like the getting drunk suggestions!

Guess I will be trying out some Jergens self tanning lotion this weekend. If I screw up and look like an oompa loompa at least it will have time to wear off before my vacation!