Bodybugg VS. Bodymedia

Options
Can someone please explain what is going on between the two of these systems? I go to "bodybugg.com" and it takes me to bodymedia.com automatically. I thought these two systems were different?

Any feedback regarding these systems would be much appreciated! I am looking to purchasing one in the future.

Replies

• yellhornet
    yellhornet Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Seems they have gone through a name change - Bodybugg is the same unit they sell on the Bodymedia site (under the shop). seems very expensive when you factor in the monthly fees just for logging the data.

You could look at other trackers like

Fitbit (logs to MFP)
    Basis B1
    Nike fuelband
    and many others
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    My understanding is they are the same company now, and the same product.
  • Bukawww
    Bukawww Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    They are the same. They merged in October. I love my bugg . .. Its been an incredibly helpful and fun tool for my weight loss.
  • Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    The Bodybugg was always a body media but for some reason was sort of it's own thing. They mergered in October so now Bodybugg is no more. I found that out when I just reactivated my bodybugg just last week. Plus is that the monthly charge is actually reasonable (if you can call a monthly charge for using a tracking system reasonable) and there's no contract so you can cancel at any time (checked on that before deciding to resign).

Their website and tracking tools are really lacking though, not super happy with having to pay to use my bugg when it doesn't really have much that I can do other than see how many calories I burned versus how many I consumed and a little graph that shows you your activity throughout the day.

If the bodybugg wasn't so much more acurate at tracking things like yoga and spinning then I would have probably just stayed with the Fitbit ( I have both)