Trouble with SUGAR!

Options
I need some help here. My daily sugar goal is set at 27. If I have 1 fuji apple & 1 banana ( and I do daily) I'm already at 26 so I am going grossly over my sugar number everyday with my regular foods added in. All of my other numbers are great but seeing that sugar number in red everyday is driving me crazy. Does anyone have any advice?

Replies

• BeardedMike
    BeardedMike Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Don't stress to much about fruit sugars. Keep you fruit intake under 2-3 serves a day but avoid all processed sugar when possible.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Unless you have medical issues where you need to keep you sugar moderated, I wouldn't bother tracking it.
  • MeRoHa
    MeRoHa Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem. Forget being able to have the daily recommended number of fruits because then that puts me over on the sugars. I try to keep the numbers down, but try not to stress myself out if they tend to run higher on some days.
  • BobbieInCA
    BobbieInCA Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    That fruit is GOOD for you...natural food high in fiber and vitamins. It shouldn't be lumped in with processed sweets. I took sugar out of my category list, and have lots of fruits and vegetables daily. I keep within my maintenance calories, and feel great!
  • lauriebeakley1
    Options
    Good tips, thank you! I forgot that we can choose what to track. I don't have any medical reason to track my sugar so I could remove it. Are there certain things that anyone would recommend tracking more than others? Obviously calories, carbs, fat & protein are the biggies. I'm a vegetarian so protein is important. I actually have low blood pressure so sodium isn't an issue for me & I'm not vitamin deficient at all either.
  • piscesy2k
    piscesy2k Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    As a vegetarian you might want to look at tracking your iron levels as well.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    You can change your by goals for different nutrients.
  • keef1972
    keef1972 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    My sugar is ALWAYS over!! Mr Dr and I are friend, and he says 2 Pepsi (355ml) are fine for my 12 night shifts.
    2 pepsi put me way over on my daily sugar...
  • MickeyCastello
    Options
    I don't count sugar from raw fruits or vegetables. I just subtract it from my daily sugar total.
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Tracking sugar is pretty useless as it is the type of sugar (processed) not the total sugar that is the issue. Fiber, Iron and Calcium are all far more useful to track.
  • CoconutClare
    Options
    I'm trying to avoid processed sugar and I wish we could separate it from natural in our macros.