Anyone done the 30 Day Squat Challenge? Or doing it?

Options
So my coworkers and I are doing the 30 Day Squat Challenge to try to motivate one another into getting a bit more active in the office. We do 12 hour shift work as dispatchers, so you can imagine we don't move a lot on shift lol!

I was wondering if if anyone has tried it out? Did you get any results?

If anyone IS doing it, what day are you on?

Also, I know there's criticisms out there for the 30DSC, but before you give me grief if you want to:
1. I know how to do a proper squat.
2. I do them in reps, and there is rest time!

Replies

• MummyUrsula
    MummyUrsula Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm currently finishing my 30 days squat challenge and my last day is today. I found the last few days are the worst because I'm just so bored of it. First 3 days my legs were sore but after 2 weeks you can see the results. My partner noticed that my legs were slimmer. It gave me a kicks start to doing exercises al least 3 times a week.
  • novembersuse
    novembersuse Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I just came on here to see if there were any topics on it because I'm thinking about giving it a go! I just started running again recently, and want to do some toning in between runs. This seems good because I can do it in my flat without disturbing the neighbours downstairs. Do you have to do the daily quota in one go, or can it be broken down throughout the day?
  • SweetlyVague
    SweetlyVague Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    It can be broken down, especially as the 30 days go on! I just finished Day 3 (we didn't start at the beginning of the month) and I did 3 sets of 20. I deeply doubt it'll hurt doing them spread through the day, either, as long as you're not just doing 1 or 2 here and there, you know?
  • beckielauren
    Options
    I have started the challenge but I am only on day 3 so far so good, today's squats took it out
    Of me a little bit because my legs where already a tad sore but it's all manageable. I just can't wait to start seeing the results :)

It's such a simple excersie I normally get bored after the fist day on most workouts and think Jeez I am not doing that again but I do recommending giving it a go. Good luck guys and get squatting :)