Do you put late-night calories for "Tomorrow"

Options
I'm confused about where to put my late-night snack calories

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    it doesnt really matter, as long as you log everything somewhere!

Personally i would log everything i eat between waking up and going to sleep, regardless of how late night some of those cals were
  • sg992
    sg992 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I tend to plan in advance, but if it's something I wasn't planning on eating then yes, I'd put it in the day after and just knock the calories off the rest of my daily goal.
  • soupandcookies
    soupandcookies Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I think it's okay to do whatever you want, as long as you are consistent with it.

I use midnight as my cutoff, for obvious reasons. When I eat something after midnight, I always put it on the following day's log. That actually prevents me from ever eating anything after midnight! I always want to start the day off with breakfast, at 7-8 am!
  • creamms
    Options
    I think it's okay to do whatever you want, as long as you are consistent with it.

I use midnight as my cutoff, for obvious reasons. When I eat something after midnight, I always put it on the following day's log. That actually prevents me from ever eating anything after midnight! I always want to start the day off with breakfast, at 7-8 am!

I think I'd like to do the same thing. Midnight seems a far cutoff point.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I have made a section in my diary that is "eaten after completing diary". Basically if I hit the "complete diary" and after that eat anything before sleep, I add that food under that section.

My calorie day starts when I wake up after sleep and stops when I goto sleep. I used to work late nights and even 3rd shift so that has always worked better for me.