What is a healthy weight to lose each week?

Options
I know, I am in a rush to lose my 20kg. I know it wont happen over night, but I would love to be looking the way I want for at least some of this summer :)

So what actually is a healthy weight to lose wach week?
And what are the best foods to eat?

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    no more than 2 pounds / 1 kilo per week.
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Just like Amarillo said on the weight. I have personally be stuck at a plateau for awhile and finally broke it! I just reintroduced something that I was using at the beginning. Peanut Butter! Weird right? lol But it does help and in moderation it is good for you. A real stick to your ribs food. I put some on a half of english muffin in the morning with my bowl of multigrain cheerios. Try some peanut butter it really helps!
  • beylover
    Options
    Hay girl, me too i am in a hurry to loose 20kg. lol. But as we know, we have to be patient and see the fat melt nice and slowwwwwly. Well i think the healthy weight to loose each week is 1 kilo.
    for Healthy food, i personally eat whatever i fancy but in moderation. I try not to go over my daily amount of calories and i add lots of veg and fruits (not really lots to be honest. i have 2 fruits a day)
    I realize that by drinking a lots of water, i feel less hungry so before every meal and snack, i have 500ml of water.
    Good luck bab.
  • rachael_horses08
    Options
    ow wow! i dont fancy peanut butter, but maybe i should try, i use to eat it haha... thankyou:)
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    2lbs a week is good. Sometimes if you are just beginning, you may lose a little more.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    No more than 2 pounds per week. But you are starting at a good time. You have given yourself plenty of time, to get the results you are looking for.

Goodluck
  • rachael_horses08
    Options
    Thanx amarillo... I thought it was 1 or 2 a week... i am trying to aim for 2 for the first few weeks:) I have started off slow, but I want to pick it up to a very serious note by the end of the this weekend.
    and Thank you miqisha.... I have started off at a young age, I have plenty of life time. But i dont need plenty of time to lose weight, I am hopeing i will be at my goal by the beginning of next year...