Marine Phytoplankton? Anyone use?

Amber030583
Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
My neighbor is all into the organic stuff and he was telling me how he takes Marine Phytoplankton it comes in a dropper form and it helps build up his immunity to getting sick. His wife has a very low immunity and I guess it really helps her too. They swear by it.

The only reason it got brought up was that My son has a PDA (artery that didnt close after birth like it was supposed to so blood slowly leaks into his lungs making him less immune and gets sick easily.) and we were talking about how he gets sick and I get sick easily too. So he told me about this stuff and I was wondering if any of you great MFP'ers have ever tried this and what are your thoughts on it?

Any input is appreciated.

Replies

• CroakerNorge
    CroakerNorge Posts: 165 Member
    I've seen it, never tried it. Probiotics work for me.
  • It works for me. BUT, it's not the "cure all" - an example is if you have a cold and you eat chicken soup - it helps.
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    It works for me. BUT, it's not the "cure all" - an example is if you have a cold and you eat chicken soup - it helps.

Do you find that if you take it on a regular basis you got sick less?
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Amber I would ask his doc!
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    I've never heard of it, I would ask a professional before trying anything.

I usually take Goldenseal (Also organic and it comes with a dropper. It's made from a root) and probiotics if I feel a cold coming on.
This discussion has been closed.