Back to stay... And Succeed!!!

Options
NO MORE EXCUSES. I've been here before, but, I've been off and on for a while now. Now, it's time to get back on track and stick with it. Which I've already started. I've had 2 decent days. The only problem I've really had is being UNDER on calories and being over (or too high) on carbs. It really hasn't equaled out... but, I'm working on evening it out. I'm also starting back up with my exercise and weight lifting plans.

Ok... so, starting over a bit... My name is Amber. As I said, I have been on MFP for a while... but, I have been off and on for a while now. While I was sticking with it exceptionally well about a year ago, I lost about 73 to 75 pounds. I have now gained about 10 to 12 of that back, and fluctuating back and forth between a couple of pounds here and there. I was diagnosed with Diabetes on March 4, 2011, and reversed the symptoms. I've been trying to deny that I have it lately. Or, I really just haven't been paying attention to it. Well... a few nights ago, I ignored it so much, that I went over the edge. My sugar shot up to about 300, which wasn't as high as it could be, but higher than it's been for me... and I DIDN'T LIKE IT. Let's just say that it's a feeling I NEVER want to happen again. Having to work on top of that sugar high was definitely not a good thing. So... needless to say... this change is about more than my weight. I want to be healthy. For me. Not for anyone else... but, for me. I want to be able to enjoy life without being sick all of the time. I simply just want to live. Period!!!

Now... I have a great group of friends who have stuck with me from the beginning, and have never left. I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. But, a few more definitely couldn't hurt. AND... I'm NOT here for the number of friends. I'm here for the quality of friends and support. So... if you're active on here, please head my way. I'd love the support... and I will work at supporting each and every one of you too.

Replies

• annemama
    annemama Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! You have a great attitude and I'm sure you will find that you will make giant leaps here at the beginning. I just sent you a friend request...you remind me of a childhood friend of mine. Okay, first off... has a doctor recommended a certain way of eating for you? With diabetes it is really important to follow the advice of a doctor, and I'm sure you know that. So dig out the pamphlets that I'm sure she gave you and have a look. Very likely a lower carb lifestyle would be beneficial to you... as you already know what carbs, particularly sugar, will do to you. You've done really well here in the past, and fortunately you caught yourself and restarted after gaining only a small amount of weight. So you aren't starting over, just picking up where you left off! Be strong and God bless!

Beth
  • jukebox30
    jukebox30 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello, same here Im back to stay . I will succeed this time, Good luck to you