FitBit Sync Issue

Options
For the past 2-3 days my FitBit Flex won't sync and show on MFP. Is anyone else having this issue and if so do you know how to fix it? I've shut down both apps, force synced them, turned off/on my phone and nothing is working. FitBit sync's with my device, but it won't translate over to MFP.

Thanks!

Replies

• Molarkin52
    Molarkin52 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Happening to me, too, with my Fitbit One! A few days ago I noticed that it only seemed to sync for part of the day, and then yesterday it didn't sync at all.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    MFP and fitbit are aware of the issue and are working on fixing it. (As of yesterday)

Eta:
    http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1359543--fitbit-syncing-delay-
  • larsen626
    larsen626 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    mine does not always do it I go force sync on fitbit an then reload mfp does not always work but do what I have to
  • NyteMirage
    NyteMirage Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm glad they're aware... it didn't sync up after my walk yesterday and told me I only had 1 extra calorie from exercise when I know it should have been WAY more. LOL!
  • jcsalsa
    Options
    I was just getting ready to post something about that when I seen your post. I have been having issues also. I hope it does get fixed soon as my totals are off.
  • ErinRunsOnFood
    ErinRunsOnFood Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    MFP and fitbit are aware of the issue and are working on fixing it. (As of yesterday)

Eta:
    http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1359543--fitbit-syncing-delay-

Awesome, thanks for the info!
  • ericcoch
    ericcoch Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A few times a day i log onto the MFP website and disconnect the accounts. I then reconnect the accounts. This seems to work for a few hours (6 to 10). Not a great fix, but a work around for now.
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I've asked around and no one wears their fitbit around a sink, so no problems. Maybe take it off if doing dishes or washing your hands. So, hopefully the sink and fitbit can get along.

Wait, apologies you said sync.....ugh, nevermind....
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    It's been intermittent. If you hit it at the right time it works but then it's gone again. The other day it had my time all messed up. It showed I was up at 3:30 am doing some very fast walking while my Fitbit was laying on the dresser.
  • Nige_Gsy
    Nige_Gsy Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Working ... Not working ... Working and recording steps when not active ... Wrong time shown ... Now not syncing at all ... Not sure which is better ... Nothing or inaccuracies!
  • Reevsie123
    Reevsie123 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Mine says I got up at 11:30 this morning - I wish !
    Over 3 hours out, it's been a bit patchy for the last week or so
    Hope they get it sorted soon
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Mine was fine til today...not working at all...hmmm
  • jayjay159
    jayjay159 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am the same. Have had no issues at all until this morning - now it is not syncing to MFP at all.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

We are sorry you are experiencing issues with Fitbit syncing. We are aware of the issue and it should resolve within 8-24 hours. As we have more information available we will post it to our twitter_ops feed and/or support center https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Warm Regards,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
  • JennyKCarty
    JennyKCarty Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    A few times a day i log onto the MFP website and disconnect the accounts. I then reconnect the accounts. This seems to work for a few hours (6 to 10). Not a great fix, but a work around for now.

This is what I have been doing too.
  • idiotgurl
    Options
    Is there any solution for this problem? Mine stopped syncing on Dec 3. I need it to work again, please! I tried the disconnect/reconnect trick & it didn't help. :(
  • LadyAnastasia10
    Options
    Any update? I got a Flex for Christmas and although both say they are connected to each other, no information exchanges between MFP and Fitbit.