Anyone using Focus T25 for their workouts

Options
I just received Focus T25 in the mail and I am going to start the program on Monday. Anyone else use it? I heard it is hard but I really wanted something I could do in 30 minutes a day.

If you are using this workout out I would love to hear what you think and even share our workouts and motivate one another. :)

Replies

• rolemodel69
    Options
    Good program, workouts are only 25 minutes but they really give a good sweat

You are welcome to join our Challenge group on Facebook for support and motivation!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/393317764079633/
  • kyrabeth1986
    kyrabeth1986 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I started this on Wednesday and love it. Its hard work and I really feel it after but it goes quickly and enjoy doing it. Im quite overweight so its not impossible to do whatever your weight. Good luck!!
  • Joyce_D
    Options
    I am starting mine tonight!
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I finished it a few weeks ago. I modified a lot but it is doable. I was uncoordinated and had trouble with some moves but keep moving. Also beta is much better than alpha IMO. And total body circuit sucks but you'll get through it.
  • mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am in week 3 of beta phase. I love that I am done in less than 30 minutes. I also love that there is a modifier that takes out the impact. Do what you can!
  • Joyce_D
    Options
    Thank you! I am glad to hear others using it and that some use the modifier. that is where I am :)
  • cdsapp
    Options
    Im ready to start focus t25..... a little nervous, but its well over due for me to start back working out and running.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I finished it a few weeks ago. I modified a lot but it is doable. I'm was uncoordinated and had trouble with some moves but keep moving. Also beta is much better than alpha IMO. And total body circuit sucks but you'll get through it.

Yes! I think Beta is better than Alpha also. I'm doing another round and can not wait to get through Alpha so I can get to Beta. I loved the workouts, though my weight flucuated and only lost 1lb, I did lose 10 inches and dropped a pant size. Now I'm debating gettting Gamma phase or go all out and get Insanity. I hear Gamma is a beast and now I understand there may be a 4th phase...Delta. Good luck OP
  • rgugs13
    rgugs13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I did the first month of T25, then fell off the wagon when I started traveling for work again. I just started back up from the beginning, so I should be done with Alpha and Beta just after the New Year, then on to Gamma! I have to modify a lot, but I still get a great workout, and you feel on top of the world when you nail the workouts!
  • Joyce_D
    Options
    Awesome. I keep trying to get my husband to work out with me, but no luck!
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Good program, workouts are only 25 minutes but they really give a good sweat

You are welcome to join our Challenge group on Facebook for support and motivation!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/393317764079633/

Damn rolemodel69, you are quick.
    Every Beachbody program post out there, you're pretty close to one of the first replies.

I can appreciate that you aren't scared off by all the hatred being poured out for you and your comrades in these forums.
    Keep up the good fight, my good man.
  • lindajay3
    lindajay3 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have had T25 for a couple of weeks and have been working it in between Chalean Extreme workouts. I love that the workouts are short but you really work up a sweat and I like Shaun T. I try to do most of the workout but do modify a lot. I plan on sticking with the Beta phase until I feel pretty comfortable and then moving on to Alpha. Since I'm only doing it 3x a week, I know it will take me longer than 5 weeks to be ready for Alpha. I'm really interested in the Gamma phase because I think you use more weights??

Feel free to friend me, it's always nice to compare workouts!
  • FitStelley
    FitStelley Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm getting T25 this afternoon (secondhand) and plan on starting it on Monday. I will be modifying and I will also be working the C25K program. I've got a long road ahead of me. Tuesday is my 3 month mark for my weight loss journey and I'm almost at my 10% goal. I've been using P90X (also modified) but don't always have the 60-90 consecutive minutes that are required.
  • rolemodel69
    Options
    Thanks Jeremy!

I am really proud of our group, it has gotten pretty big over time and we have really motivated members who are bringing it every day.

I don't mind all the hate on MFP about most Beachbody products, anyway my group is sollicitation and ads free. Our members can testify, i am really strict about those rules and anyone not following them are warned and banned from the group if they don't comply.

Anyone doing/starting T25 are welcome to join our group. T25 is a good program, i has burning 350-450 calories per workout and i lost 8 pounds in 10 weeks with it so i know the program works.
  • mamiarellano
    mamiarellano Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It's a great program. I'm on my second round with the base kit and have already lost a good deal of weight and inches. Anxious to get Gamma. Makes me nervous, but you feel the burn within just the short amount of time. Definitely worth it. :-)
  • jodiehong
    jodiehong Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is my last day of Beta!!!! It's been fun. I did Insanity twice last year and T25 is a lot more manageable time wise since it's only 25 minutes (especially since I wake up at 4:30 a.m. to work)! Results wise, I haven't been great on the food part (birthday and vacation trip thrown in there = disastrous eating days) so I'm not seeing a lot of results but I can see tiny traces of results in my abs. :)
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I have had T25 for a couple of weeks and have been working it in between Chalean Extreme workouts. I love that the workouts are short but you really work up a sweat and I like Shaun T. I try to do most of the workout but do modify a lot. I plan on sticking with the Beta phase until I feel pretty comfortable and then moving on to Alpha. Since I'm only doing it 3x a week, I know it will take me longer than 5 weeks to be ready for Alpha. I'm really interested in the Gamma phase because I think you use more weights??

Feel free to friend me, it's always nice to compare workouts!

I hope this was just a typo, Alpha is the first phase or what Shaun T likes to call the "foundation", then Beta. If you're already doing Beta, Alpha maybe too easy for you. I tried to do a second round of Alpha after finishing Beta, and didn't even finish the last week. Starting Gamma after I finish the second round of Beta.

ETA: Wooo Hoooo 1,000 posts!
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jeremy!

I am really proud of our group, it has gotten pretty big over time and we have really motivated members who are bringing it every day.

I don't mind all the hate on MFP about most Beachbody products, anyway my group is sollicitation and ads free. Our members can testify, i am really strict about those rules and anyone not following them are warned and banned from the group if they don't comply.

Anyone doing/starting T25 are welcome to join our group. T25 is a good program, i has burning 350-450 calories per workout and i lost 8 pounds in 10 weeks with it so i know the program works.

I know it's off topic but I can back you up...I was a bit apprehensive to join the Facebook group as I knew it's run by a coach but I find it very encouraging and it never felt like I am made to buy any additional products or anything like that...It's a great group...

I am on day 4 and really like the program! It's hard but the time goes by fairly quickly. I do the modified moves mainly as my knees are super weak and I still get a good workout in. I recommend the program :-)
  • Joyce_D
    Options
    I am a Beachbody Coach too but am on this forum to see what people thought about the T25 workout. We are not supposed to post here to sell anything. :)

I am jsut beginning my fitness journey and it doesn't matter to me how you got you T25 workout, I just want to connect with people using it and see what they thought and their results.

I have to use the modifier for all of the worout in the Alpha Phase. I am not sure whether to do another round after complelting the Apha and Omega or whether to move on to another program.

Any suggestions?
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I finished up Alpha and Beta and am now two weeks into Gamma. I can't say enough good things about this program!

I have never been an athlete and have never considered myself fit before. This program changed all that and not only transformed my body, but how I see myself!

When I first started Alpha it was a struggle for me and I had to modify a lot of the moves, but soon I found I was able to follow along. By the time that you start Beta, you are ready for it!

I should note as well that I have a disease similar to RA, so I did have to modify some of the higher impact moves, but I still got incredible results and am now at a healthy weight!

Good luck to you; you will love Shaun T and how he pushes your mind and body!