I'M DONE

Options
DLSlim
DLSlim Posts: 92 Member
I'm done losing control. I'm done mindlessly bingeing and gaining weight. I've gained 15 pounds in the last two months. I'M DONE. I have a Tough Mudder, graduation, and my very own wedding coming up in 2014 and I will not let life get in the way of my goals and dreams anymore.
I am desperately in need of some new friends to keep me accountable.
More about me: I'm a senior at Temple University, a social work major. I've had major struggles with EDNOS and Major Depressive Disorder. Probably most important, I have two kittens (but I don't discriminate against dog people).

I would love to have new friends to motivate and to motivate me.
Have a healthy day, everyone!

Replies

• TankGirrl
    TankGirrl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just checked in for the first time in ages to find that I have gained 8lb in 2 months. OUCH!
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I have 2 kittens of my own ( 1year old and a 1.5 year old)

they get angry at me if I don't go to the gym....cause when I do go, I am tired when I return home and will flop on the couch which gives them the perfect human bed to sleep on.

I have a Spartan Sprint and Mud Hero in 2014 and my wedding in 2015

feel free to add me and lets kick some *kitten*!
  • FreeToBreathe
    Options
    I'm done losing control. I'm done mindlessly bingeing and gaining weight. I've gained 15 pounds in the last two months. I'M DONE. I have a Tough Mudder, graduation, and my very own wedding coming up in 2014 and I will not let life get in the way of my goals and dreams anymore.
    I am desperately in need of some new friends to keep me accountable.
    More about me: I'm a senior at Temple University, a social work major. I've had major struggles with EDNOS and Major Depressive Disorder. Probably most important, I have two kittens (but I don't discriminate against dog people).

I would love to have new friends to motivate and to motivate me.
    Have a healthy day, everyone!

I'm sorry you're going through this...and I'm sending a request right away. (Anyone can add me too!)

I just got out of a 8 week, +12 lb binge myself. Sorry to say...but I think my sister's wedding triggered it...the stress! (Not trying to make excuses for you -- promise!!) But, I did great May-Aug then I fell off the week of the wedding, then oh, "time to celebrate it's over" week, then "Oh, just one more week." Before you know it, 2 months went by.

HOWEVER, it's SUPER easy to get back on track! All it takes is willpower. Your desire to change, your will to neglect to eat so much, your non-neglect to move your butt. I've lost 9 lbs of that +12...over the course of a cpl weeks. NO shame. Just get back on it. =))

It happens to the best of us.
  • tyleeloo30
    Options
    hey!! I can totally relate! I lost a bunch of weight over the summer, to only ruin almost all my efforts by mindlessly eating for the past 2-3 months. I feel terrible and need to start eating healthily again. Problem is, I keep falling back into my old habits. If you'd like, we can both work to support eachother and help eachother out :) I love cats, only I don't have any due to the fact that I have two crazy dogs that would probably tear a cat limb to limb. I am 18 years old, 6ft tall and about 130lbs, looking to get down to about 120lbs. Send me a friend request if you'd like. :) You can do this!!
  • bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have struggled with daily choices that lead to weight loss but typically try to stay on track for the long haul. I won't be on here much for the next week as I will be on vacation. But when I'm on I try to make sure and give out support. Best of luck to you!
  • taliyab
    Options
    Hey guys! I too have just found out that in the past 2 months I gained 5 lbs even though I was on a diet and was hoping to lose weight. I'm finding it really hard because I live with 4 other girls and all of them live off pasta and pizza and chocolate and never go to the gym and that's really demotivating. Feel free to add me! I could really use some support :)
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I'm not a cat person but my sister is 'cat lady' between her 3 and the rescues that she has at home until they find homes.
    =^.^=
    I have a rescue rabbit instead.

This darn eating this is hard, why? who knows! Really, it shouldn't be, we all 'know' what to do but dang it, the cupcakes and brownies and pop taste a lot better than the veggies and water.

It took me a year but I'm Finally hooked on my workouts and being consistent. Guess that darn craving a vegetable instead is the next goal.

Feel free to add me.
    Nancy
  • WorkingMomGetsFit
    WorkingMomGetsFit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Feel free to send me a request. I'm training to run my first 5k :happy:
  • CheekyRunner
    CheekyRunner Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm also planning on doing the Tough Mudder (Toronto) in 2014. :wink:
  • skyegsd
    Options
    I'm looking for some support on here as well, I have a cat and 3 dogs. I'm just an animal lover in general! My wedding is late January 2014, 2 weeks in the Bahamas so i'm desperately trying to get into bikini shape. I've amped up my workouts to 5xweek doing a combination of weight training and cardio! Have done WW in the past but have found since I can no longer eat gluten (it sucks), that counting calories is actually a lot easier to find healther food choices. Feel free to add me!

Sheila
  • tammyhesseling
    Options
    Hello.
    I know what you mean about being tired of losing control. my husband and I do not agree on the healthy lifestyle so it makes it hard to resist those chips in the cupboard or the package of cookies on top of the fridge. This time I am determined to eat healthier whether he wants to or not, it is more of a desire than a want anymore. I love God more than anything and I believe our bodies are a temple for His Spirit and we are to take special care of it. So now I am eating healthier and adding exercise in as well and feel soooo much better. I have about 25 to 30 more lbs. to lose and over the past 2 years have lost 25. Like I said it has been hard and I have been fluctuating 10 to 15 lbs. but I am done too :) I am also a Senior working on my Bachelor's in psychology. I am taking my final class before I graduate and then going for my Master's. I would love to be an encouraging friend :happy: