Plateau already???

Options
2»

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I am at a plateau myself. I lost 12 lbs the first 3 weeks. Today is day # 2 with no loss. I was told (by a body builder) to only eat limited carbs in the AM and protein only for dinner, before 5 PM. Then nothing else for the day but water. Does this sound legit? I'm not trying to be a body builder, btw. Just lose about 80 lbs. I think my diary is open. Any advice would be appreciated.

That body builder does not know what he's talking about. You eat your calorie allowance when you want, how you want, where you want, and whatever you want. Day number 2 with no loss is not a plateau. Weight loss does not happen day by day, and there is also no reason to weight yourself everyday.

Please PLEASE make sure you are eating enough and, PLEASE, do not follow that body builder's advice.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Michael,

Congratulations on your weight loss! Patience is a virtue. You have so little to lose, therefore you should not expect to lose anymore than .5 to 1 pound per week. Please be patient, tolerant, and kind to yourself, and trust the process, because weight loss is not linear and takes time if you want to keep it off. :smile:
  • riveroflight
    Options
    Great work, man! It sounds like you are doing what you need to be doing, and keep it up. I love that you are giving yourself the dark chocolate you love, mindfully. Great attitude, I say. Get those green veggies in there, they will help bigtime in helping you feel sated and less moved to snack, esp on sweets. Don't get greedy, lol. It's a lifestyle, remember. It'll happen, and quicker than you think.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I am at a plateau myself. I lost 12 lbs the first 3 weeks. Today is day # 2 with no loss. I was told (by a body builder) to only eat limited carbs in the AM and protein only for dinner, before 5 PM. Then nothing else for the day but water. Does this sound legit? I'm not trying to be a body builder, btw. Just lose about 80 lbs. I think my diary is open. Any advice would be appreciated.

That makes no sense whatsoever. I would be dead to the world if I didn't eat my breakfast carbs! And then dinner before 5pm? Why? Meal timing is irrelevant. What if you get off work at 6pm? Just skip dinner and go to bed hungry? Your friend is confused.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I am at a plateau myself. I lost 12 lbs the first 3 weeks. Today is day # 2 with no loss.
    2 DAYS is not a plateau.. Come back in 2 MONTHS then maybe. If you are just starting out I would say stay away from the scale for at least a week between weighing. Your weight fluctuates daily depending on what you ate , sodium, how much is in your bowels etc.. Too many people freak out when they don'e see the scale going down daily or heaven forbid going UP (this is totally normal) it's not a daily thing that you are looking for it is a trend over time.

To the OP: You're doing great. Keep doing what you are doing, don't make it complicated. Stick to your original plan and re-set your expectations. Unless you have a LOT of weight to lose your rate of loss is quite normal and will slow down even more as you get closer to your goal weight. That is also normal if you are doing it right. Weight loss is not a race - it's a marathon ;)