Starting over

Options
I lost 35 pounds in 2012, since then I have gained it all back along with a additional 15. I am at me heaviest weight ever and have set a goal of 65 pounds to lose, which seems like a lot right now! I have a paly I m hoping to be be cast in as well as the possibility of a high school reunion coming up this summer. I was the skinny girl in high school, I cant show up to this overweight! I would love friends to help keep me motivated!

Replies

• nrobenolt
    nrobenolt Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    good luck! welcome back! you can do it! need support just add me!
  • emmyles
    Options
    Welcome back!
    I hate how weight can creep back on us as we get busy with life.
    But we are here to support and (hopefully) motivate you! :-)
    If you are looking for a buddy, feel free to add me.
    We can lose these extra pounds
  • janelle615
    janelle615 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love to motivate! Ill add you! Anyone else feel free to add!
  • Fit4Me1st
    Fit4Me1st Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey there :) I completely understand! But the great news is if you've done it once you will do it agai...could always use a new supportive friend myself...just add me if you would like :) Best of wishes girl!
  • CMcCool019
    Options
    I feel your pain. I lost almost 50 pounds in 2011, had my gall bladder out in December of 2011, and have gained back all that weight and then some since then. I have seen several doctors, have had all the "normal" issues checked, have dieted and exercised, all of it, with NO results. I just keep pushing, though, and hoping something with finally happen. Let's help one another! That's what we're here for.
  • Shelltot03
    Shelltot03 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Nothing is Impossible ! You can do it!
  • _andreamarie
    _andreamarie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I know it's hard but just think about how happy you'll be when you reach your goal
  • CMorin2105
    CMorin2105 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I did the same thing. I lost all the weight in 2009 and gained it all back plus more!! I have about 55lbs I want to lose and I could use some motivating friends as well!
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I am in the same boat. Reached my goal weight and maintained for over 9 months and in May, started sitting outside,having a glass of wine that lead to 2, 3 and the entire bottle every night. I found myself in Oct with 10 extra lbs. (10 lbs is almost 10% of my body weight so this is a lot). I decided to get back on track. Started weighing myself every morning - very controversial as you have to be able to accept a 1-3 lb increase even while following food and exercise plan. This keeps me from shoving things into my mouth. I log food and exercise and read these posts. It is coming off.

I have to remember that this is for the long haul and that my best friend is TODAY - not tomorrow.
  • htherrien0406
    Options
    I am in a similar situation too - the lovely lose and gain see saw. let motivate each other and get back to feeling good again :)
  • mrshudson813
    mrshudson813 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a lot of us are having the same issues. I have lost and gained so many times over the past few years. Over the past 12 months, I have gained 60 pounds. I think I just got depressed and honestly did not care what I did to myself. Four days ago someone suggested that I should have gastric bypass surgery. No offense to anyone who chooses this route, but I felt like that person was saying that I could not lose the weight on my own...that I had no control over my weight. At first I was upset with this remark. After I thought about it for a while, I realized that I didn't have control over my weight or my body....so I decided to take steps in the right direction. I am on Day 3 of what I hope to become my new lifestyle. I'm trying to take it one day at a time because when I think about needing to lose 100 pounds, it overwhelms my brain! 100 pounds is a lot of weight to lose. So, I'm trying to lose in 10 pound increments. When I hit the first 10 pound loss, I'm not going to think "Oh, I still have 90 pounds to go!" I'm going to try to reward myself for the 10 pound loss (not with food. LOL) and then move on to the next 10 pounds. I sure hope this works! Good luck to all of you!
  • taximom99
    taximom99 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I am just starting back today.