Hi! New to My Fitness Pal

Options
Hello everyone,
I am new here. I decided to join because I just got a new job, September 1st and I have gained 8.5 lbs since then!!!
It is an office job, and all I do for 8 hours is sit at a desk!
I found out that I only need to be eating between 700-1,200 calories a day, because of my inactive life now, and I am used to eating 2,000+ calories a day. Well, lets just say my body noticed and the weight has started to come on!
I am determined to fix my eating habits, before I wake up one day being 100 lbs. heavier and wondering how it happened.
Good luck to everyone!
I am currently at 138.5 and I want to get to 125 lbs. It's not too much, but you know what they say about the last 10 lbs. Wish me luck! And welcome everyone :)
Kmstars

Replies

• lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Well I feel ya, i'm in the same boat this is were a little dedication takes place before I go to work (I start at 6 am) and before bed I try to workout for a total of 90 minutes (45 minutes per cycle) and even though there are lots of treats at work I try to keep my diet in order. If ya want make me a friend and if ya feel weak send me a message.
  • mitts1970
    Options
    Hi Welcome! I have an office job as well and feel the same way you do. I am fairly new here as well, but I think you'll like it. The support is wonderful and you get great ideas and tips for people as well. I have lost 5 lbs in 3 weeks and haven't found it to be too painful ;) Good luck to you!