MFP Fitspiration!

Options

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Exactly 12 weeks ago I was in the OR having major back surgery. I could only shuffle sideways the first day, and it took me 3 days, a nurse and a walker to be able to shuffle from my bed to the bathroom.

Two weeks ago I did a 5K, and my daily workout now consists of walking 1-2 miles and doing 30 minutes of cycling. I didn't realize how much I took walking and working out for granted until I couldn't do it. Every day I get a little bit closer to my goals and a little bit better at being me. :)

The image I get for this one... Is a side by side.. One of you in a gown with the Walker, the other of you in running gear and race bib and the caption..
    "Every day I get a little bit closer to my goals and a little bit better at being me. :) "

Pure awesomeness. WAY TO GO!!!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,210 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You guys are awesome!
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Exactly 12 weeks ago I was in the OR having major back surgery. I could only shuffle sideways the first day, and it took me 3 days, a nurse and a walker to be able to shuffle from my bed to the bathroom.

Two weeks ago I did a 5K, and my daily workout now consists of walking 1-2 miles and doing 30 minutes of cycling. I didn't realize how much I took walking and working out for granted until I couldn't do it. Every day I get a little bit closer to my goals and a little bit better at being me. :)

WOW! I am totally in awe!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Hey! It's me again! :laugh: :wink:
    DSCN4739modified.jpg
  • BokBagok
    BokBagok Posts: 345
    Options
    Been going through the fitspiration threads, and you should all be so proud. I want to get google glass, just to keep these threads and pics scrolling in front of my eyes all day. You all give me hope. Thanks.
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • duckiec
    duckiec Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I don't have a photo, but I do this so my kids learn from the start how to live a balanced, healthy life, and don't have to struggle to re-learn how to do that. I may not always succeed, but I am to teach by example.
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Because I've discovered powerlifting, and not only has it given me a fabulous 'donk, it's done amazing things for my soul :heart:
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Mirey, please feel free to do something with
    Life is the journey not the destination- I'm rubbish on computers :drinker:

Just out for another soggy run in the rain (coz I can :laugh: )
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Tagging
  • MrsBingley
    Options
    Another one because I love this thread so much.

5080e104-b414-4402-9e4a-9c760d57080c_zps57a63a53.jpg

:heart:

I Love this thread... And this is coming from someone who hates fit so in general.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Holy crap it posted!! Made in sense at all....
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    null_zpsf15bbcdb.jpg

You missed the '/' in the closing img tag. If you quote this post you'll be able to see what I changed.

To this person. U are awesome for helping me out. Much love.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    My $0.02 worth…Obese, couch25k to full marathon in 12 months.

[img][/img]9872127534_a8f08e4763_z.jpg
    731375-1187-0021s by Dipak49ers, on Flickr
  • mammakat0830
    mammakat0830 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Becasue...a little over 6 months ago it was fun to watch TV with my kids... today it was awesome to hike up a mountain with them.... :bigsmile:
  • cateyedkp
    cateyedkp Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    10777009306_dbe472bfc3_z.jpg
  • cateyedkp
    cateyedkp Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My $0.02 worth…Obese, couch25k to full marathon in 12 months.

[img][/img]9872127534_a8f08e4763_z.jpg
    731375-1187-0021s by Dipak49ers, on Flickr

Wow. Just...wow. I found it challenging to just complete a 5k in 3.5 months. You are a rock star.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    463dba7f-87d0-4a42-9526-a6c5205238d3_zpse5781d25.jpg
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say thank you to all who are posting - I am constantly amazed and inspired by what people have done and are continuing to do! GREAT JOB!!!

:heart: :heart:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

You are awesome!