WEIGH IN

Options
How many times a week should I weigh in? I was told at least 2-3 times in order to adjust what I'm doing in case im not doing enough or too much

Replies

• PercyPig
    PercyPig Posts: 318
    Options
    I weigh in on MFP once a week but I do step on the scale during the week to get a feel for what affects me, I just don't log it.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Weighing 2-3 times per week would drive me crazy. I weigh in once a week, same day each week, around the same time each day.
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I never weigh myself more then 3 times a month....scale becomes a demoralizer NOT a motivator. Use clothes or measurements for the results,better indication of results...can't tell on the scale muscle weight just that weight is going up not DOWN!:wink:
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    I weigh in once a week and take one week off each month for hormonal-enduced water retention.

Hope this helps.

Charmagne
  • jmmtaylor
    jmmtaylor Posts: 225
    Options
    I officially weigh in once a week...same time, same day. But during the week I get curious and will weigh in just to see, but I don't count it. You can see your progress from that...if you lose your doing something right if your not..then you look back over the last week and find where you went wrong. Your body will fluctuate from day to day...so you won't get a very accurate reading doing it more than once a week (officially).
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I would say it is up to you how often you would like to weigh in. I weigh myself every day in the morning when I get up. That is usually the best time to weigh yourself. Also remember it can fluctuate and you might lose inches and not lbs so don't get discouraged. Good luck!!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I record my weight every Friday morning on my MFP check-in . . . however I actually weigh myself most mornings. I could not do this for the first number of months because I found it to be very unmotivating . . . but now that I've found my "groove" and am no longer a prisoner to the emotions from normal water weight fluctuations day-to-day I can handle seeing the number, good or bad.
    A fluctuation of a few pounds means nothing to me now, where months ago it would really crush me.
    It is a personal choice . . . I actually had to put my scale out in the garage for a few months at one point because it would hurt my progress and motivation.
  • Yaya0485
    Options
    ONCE A WEEK ...BETTER IF U DO ON A FRIDAY SO LIKE THAT U DONT GO OUT THERE IN THE WEEKEND AND GAIN WAT U LOST,TRUST ME IT WORKS OUT FOR ME THATS WHEN I WEIGH IN AND IS BEEN SO ENCOURAGING.IT HELPS ME TO NOT GO AND EAT AS MUCH JUS BECAUSE IS THE WEEKEND...
  • Yaya0485
    Options
    AGREE 100%...
  • DonnaMaas
    Options
    I weigh every morning but only log in my weight once a week. I tried the once a week thing and I didn't like not knowing how I was doing. Yes, sometimes I gain during the week but usually I have an excuse like too much sodium but on the average I have lost a little something every week. I just like to know how I am doing evey day.
  • redhotsmacker
    redhotsmacker Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily, only in the mornings. This way I keep myself motivated if the number goes down. If the number goes up, then I try to add in a little extra exercise and watch my caloric intake a little more. It has worked for me thus far, and I am down 70lbs. I record my weight on MFP as I need to, if there is a loss, hell yeah I report it!