calories again.

Options
Im starting to take a closer look at my calories,and well im getting in about a 1000 a day,i know its not enough but i think if i eat anymore im gonna feel sick.

I cant imagine eating over 2000 calories a day.

Replies

• kelseyt17
    kelseyt17 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You should eat a minimum of 1200 otherwise your body will go into starvation mode/ survival mode and you won't lose weight.
  • keegannati
    Options
    What are your height & weight? Different people have different caloric needs.
  • skinters
    Options
    You should eat a minimum of 1200 otherwise your body will go into starvation mode/ survival mode and you won't lose weight.

Yeah im aware about the starvation mode thing,i just did a proper count for today and im on 1320 calories.So as i eat basically the same foods give or take the odd things here and there,thats where im at.
    What are your height & weight? Different people have different caloric needs.

Im 5'7 157 pounds.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,654 Member
    Options
    You're male so you should actually be eating between 1500 and 1800 base calories (I can't remember which is right for males off hand).

Try eating more calorie dense foods like avocado, nuts and nut butters, use olive oil in cooking....stuff like that...so you're still eating less but getting the calories in.
  • hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    why dont u try eating food that is higher in calories but still good... like avocados nuts and so forth... that ur still eating and not getting sick but ur still eating ur calories...
  • skinters
    Options
    ive started eating mores nuts peanut butter etc into my diet of late,I think ill just up the quantities a bit see how it goes

cheers guys
  • keegannati
    Options
    Someone of your dimensions and age burns about 1,600 calories a day just being alive. Add a few hundred more for daily activities unless you're just sitting or laying all day long. If you're trying to lose a little weight I'd say you're eating in the right range to do so.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/
  • skinters
    Options
    Well im pretty active,i train everyday with a mix of cardio and strength training.I adjusted my diet,and today consumed just over 1500 calories.Will i be ok with this amount ?.

The one thing i am struggling with is my protein.Im getting just over 100gm a day,and that's with a protein drink im taking as well.Im short by 60-70 gm.I dont eat meat,but fish ok.

Cheers Keegan.
  • keegannati
    Options
    You should be fine with that amount of calories, especially if you are working out every day.

You can do things such as add protein powder to meals or simply have another shake to increase your intake. I like it mixed in with yogurt, oats and fruit. Many vegetables also contain good amounts of protein. For instance, a cup of black beans contains 15g. Soybeans and lentils contain even more.