Just curious, how long does your bloat last after a binge?

Options
I had a terrible terrible series of binges (but not yesterday or today) and was wondering how long it takes you guys to debloat?

I know I gained some fat, but how long do all the calories take to be fully absorbed? I ate a LOT of chocolate (high in fat) but I think simple carbs are absorbed first right? Like, will I be fatter tommorow or a couple days from now because my body hasn't processed the slurpus? Or am at my worst right now?

I know some of the weight will go down this week from the sodium/sugar water retention but don't know about the actual fat.

The only tips I know of:
-fennel, dandelion tea, asparagus --> work in debloating
-working out + lots of water
-enough fiber
-lots of vegetables
-greek yogurt/probiotics

Thank you :)

Replies

• Brandontz
    Brandontz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I suffer from binges too. Anyway, my bloating usually lasts a day or two but the layer of blubber over my abs take about 5 days of high protein a d water intake with HIIT to work off..
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Just have some self control and don't binge. No more problem.
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options

you sir have never had to answer the call of chocolate. or italian bread. or potato chips. or chicken nuggets.
  • Brandontz
    Brandontz Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Yeah buddy. Pretty insensitive comment. Some people actually suffer from a binge eating disordee
  • Kevalicious99
    Options
    I used to have junk food issues .. so it happens to all of us. But I now have self control .. and you too can find some. No one is going to be able to assist you with that. I am not being insensitive .. just being truthful.
  • sugaspice999
    Options
    Thank you Brandon and Crystal! I guess the working out will help too, definitely feel some fat buildup on my abs too, though I'm sure some of it is water. (Its gone down a lot since yesterday already)

@Kevin, thanks for the tip, but if it really was that easy, I wouldn't be asking about it. It's really easy to tell someone to just control themselves, but doing it is harder for others (especially when recovering from ed). After dealing with it for so many years, what the battle has taught me, is that a couple slip-ups along the way aren't as bad as not getting back up once you've fallen.

But of course, if you can control yourself, great for you! :) I thought I had fully recovered (went a couple months without bingeing at all) but it just came back when I least expected it to.
  • Kevalicious99
    Options
    Sugaspice999 ... I used to be an addict for over 25 years. But one day it just wasn't acceptable anymore (really I was getting married and needed to change my ways). So I know about hardships and having issues. Been there. It is never easy.

However .. we do all have it within ourselves to deal with our issues, whatever they may be. It can be done .. and there are many many examples of people that have won the battle here at MFP .. including eating disorders. We all have the power. We just have to do it. I don't personally buy the excuses.

I wish you success in the future, but blaming it on an eating disorder is just that .. a way of laying blame. Do something about it .. and be successful.
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I binged on Wednesday night and my bloat still hadn't gone away this morning. I am pretty sure it will be gone tomorrow though.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Sugaspice999 ... I used to be an addict for over 25 years. But one day it just wasn't acceptable anymore (really I was getting married and needed to change my ways). So I know about hardships and having issues. Been there. It is never easy.

However .. we do all have it within ourselves to deal with our issues, whatever they may be. It can be done .. and there are many many examples of people that have won the battle here at MFP .. including eating disorders. We all have the power. We just have to do it. I don't personally buy the excuses.

I wish you success in the future, but blaming it on an eating disorder is just that .. a way of laying blame. Do something about it .. and be successful.

Congrats on getting clean. But maybe she doesn't want to wait 25 years to address her problem your way?
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I'm curious what you consider binge eating. I eat clean like a little soldier all week and binge (for me) on Saturdays. It takes a couple of days to blow off the water. I have to dial it back though. It's not the calories, it's the sodium hangovers that are killing me. Still pizza. mmmm.

I would like to know what others consider binge eating. Lately for me it's been 1/2 Frozen pizza, chips, chocolate and licorice. It's the chips I think that kill me plus the pizza.

I'm up a few lbs on Monday but back down again on Friday.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options

QFT
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    ^^yeah, definitely easier said than done @kevalicious99.

OP- usually 4-5 days for me. im trying to fix that stupid habit as well. dont beat yourself up over it too bad- you have had incredible weight loss and look terrific- good on you :)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    ^^yeah, definitely easier said than done @kevalicious99.

OP- usually 4-5 days for me. im trying to fix that stupid habit as well. dont beat yourself up over it too bad- you have had incredible weight loss and look terrific- good on you :)

No it IS easier said AND done. You think others have not binged? We got over it & moved past it, and stopped.
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    drink alot of water you wont bloat as much. I avg about 4Liters a day and I rarely bloat if I binge