My interesting NSV

Options
Interesting to me, at least. Probably mighty plain, but whatever!

I noticed over the past few days that it is taking much harder cardio workouts in order to put my heart rate up to where it needs to be. Which means my heart is getting healthier.

Cool beans.

Anyone else have any neato NSVs lately?

Replies

• Brandolin11
    Brandolin11 Posts: 492 Member
    Options

I noticed over the past few days that it is taking much harder cardio workouts in order to put my heart rate up to where it needs to be. Which means my heart is getting healthier.

Cool beans.

That's awesome! Congrats.

I ran on the treadmill for 15 mins @ 5.5mph, then 20 mins @ 6 mph, then decided to try 6.5 mph for 10 mins straight and did it! That's a first for me as a person whose 'jogged' at 5mph for about a year and a half, lol. The last month I've done some interval training and was shocked how quickly I've improved. It's such a rush!
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I'm on a tropical vacation and having a few. First I WANT healthy food, second I set a fitness goal to jog a 1.5 mile stretch of the beach while on this vacation and today I did it. I've also stayed under calories all week and have not felt deprived in any way.
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm on a tropical vacation and having a few. First I WANT healthy food, second I set a fitness goal to jog a 1.5 mile stretch of the beach while on this vacation and today I did it. I've also stayed under calories all week and have not felt deprived in any way.

Oh man that's wonderful! I'm so concerned when I go on my honeymoon, especially if it's a cruise, that if I try to limit my calorie intake I'll feel sorely deprived. I just love food so much, lol.
  • Naaer
    Naaer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Somebody at work noticed that I had lost weight!

Reaan:bigsmile:
  • bingefreeaubree
    bingefreeaubree Posts: 220 Member
    Options

Cool beans.

Congratulations, girl! :drinker: That's so great!
    Hmm my NSV for today for today is that I stayed within my calorie goal even when sick eating a ton of high calorie crackers :tongue:
    Not much of a victory; I don't have really good NSVs too often. :embarassed:
  • bowbeforethoraxis
    bowbeforethoraxis Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My cravings for sweet things have lessened!

I was at the store today before work, and knew I needed to get something with carbs and calories to round out my day, and going to the bakery section wasn't my first thought!

I also tend to get really intense cravings, like can't sleep, can't concentrate on anything, would probably punch someone if they got in my way cravings for ice cream at least 3 times a week. I started by only giving in once a week, and now it's something that I occasionally think, "oh, that does sound nice" about! I seriously never thought I'd turn down ice cream, but now it doesn't feel as necessary!
  • WildlyCurly
    WildlyCurly Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You're heart is healthier :) The most interesting NSV I had was that I can walk up the hill fast without catching my breath and I can ice skate much faster now.
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Awesome! That's always a great, actually feeling the progress. I love reading about everyone's victories.

My NSV just happened actually! I just realized during my workout that I was squatting 185, and my current weight is 183, so I'm technically squatting more than my body weight, which one of my 5 major fitness goals!

Great job y'all!
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options

Cool beans.

That's a great one! Losing weight is about so much more than what size jeans you wear. This is the important stuff.
  • suri1999
    Options
    My first post!
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Awesome! That's always a great, actually feeling the progress. I love reading about everyone's victories.

My NSV just happened actually! I just realized during my workout that I was squatting 185, and my current weight is 183, so I'm technically squatting more than my body weight, which one of my 5 major fitness goals!

Great job y'all!

Oh man that's awesome! I'm only squatting 65 right now, but I think I'm going to up it to 85 next time and see how that turns out since I'm pretty easily completing all 12 reps (not that I'm not feeling a burn still, because the next day I totally am).