Emotional Eater

Options
I am a huge emotional eater which is bad because my body reacts very negatively with sugar. Any advice on how to overcome it?

Replies

• emjay6x3
    emjay6x3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. What I try to do is keep myself busy, so I'm not tempted to reach for food to keep be from being bored. Do you have any hobbies?
  • NixThe76
    NixThe76 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Quite a few but I hardly have time for them. I have a very fussy 5 month old.
  • emjay6x3
    emjay6x3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm sure that can exacerbate the emotional eating, too. Try to eat as healthily as you can, and try to stay conscious about your hunger/cravings. Sometimes just being present and noticing that you're falling into that emotional eating habit could help curb the desire. Drink lots of cold water to help keep you full, too! Wish I could be more helpful... It's a constant struggle, though, I know that for sure.
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I was told to keep a record events and emotions for a few week. That way i could look back and see what emotions cause the uncontrolled craving to cram crap in my mouth. For me it was mostly feeling lonely and stressed. Finding your triggers are important.

The other thing I would do is eat rice cakes and drink tea or water. That way i could eat a lot and get full fast. Doesn't always work but that was one of my techniques.