Fitbit Force

I want the new Fitbit Force that is coming out soon! What do you all think? Also, if anyone owns a Fitbit, what do you think about it? I have a Polar HRM but that is only for workouts and not for all day tracking. Opinions please?

Replies

• Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    ?
  • Goldie2u2
    Goldie2u2 Posts: 40 Member
    I have the FitBit One..and LOVE IT! I only wish it had a HR monitor and I'd be a happy clam! It works great for overall calorie burn.keeping myself focused all day...but with intense exercise like Zumba or dance..it doesn't reflect an accurate calorie burn as it just doesn't seem to get the intensity right.For those heavy cardio things I use a HR monitor..but still wear FitBit all the time. It really seems to keep me focused and I see myself challenging myself to get 500 more steps..or climb 3 more flights of stairs. Love it!
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    I have a Fitbit Flex which as improved my activity level. I absolutely love it! There's nothing better than when it blinks and buzzes showing I've made my daily goal. Plus it links up with MFP.

I've pre-ordered the Fitbit Force and I'm sooo looking forward to trading up.

Slainte :drinker:
  • In comparison to many other devices, any fitbit is a rip off. It's in many ways just a placebo that helps you to work out, but very overpriced one. There are devices out there for $150 which have gps, screens, customizations, ability to accept sensors and 10x times more accurate than any Fitbit. Not sure why anyone would accept 10-20%+ margin of error for $100+. Isn't it the point of exercises tracking to track it accuratly, overwise, whats the point? I'd look into Garmin's products, I have a few and I'm extremely happy with all of them.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    I love my Fitbit Flex. I pre-ordered the Force about 2 weeks ago. I'll post and let you know how I like it once I receive it.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Has anyone actually received the Force yet and used it?
  • MGreensides
    MGreensides Posts: 173 Member
    Has anyone actually received the Force yet and used it?
    It isn't available until Nov. 18th I preordered mine 2 weeks ago.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Oh ok I couldn't find anywhere the exact date! Thanks!!
  • I was totally set to get a force and upgrade from my fitbit one. Totally! Like money in hand and about to click "preorder". Then some reviews started to trickle in and people are complaining about the same thing. It's not accurate at all. One tech journalist wore both a fitbit one and a force and compared the numbers. The force was literally thousands of steps off each day which messed up his calorie calculations and rendered the whole point of even having an activity tracker mute. Also, this isn't an activity tracker for your whole body. It tracks how many steps your arm takes lol. Mopping the floor? Well that'll quadruple your steps. Driving? Typically user reported a 400 step difference from just sitting in the car.

Soooo...I'm just gonna stick with my one. Technology hasn't progressed fast enough to make a wristband tracker feasible for accurate tracking. Google fitbit force reviews. Also, amazon has a bunch of people complaining about the same issue with accuracy in the reviews section. I'll be patiently waiting for the "iwatch" to come out and see if it shakes up the entire device category. Right now, downloading a pedometer app on your phone would make as much sense as getting one of these trackers. I let an app called "pacer" run in the background while using my one and it matched the steps perfectly. And that's a free app
  • The Force is avail now if you purchase in store at Best Buy. I replaced my One and not fully happy. For instance when I synced it with MFP it deleted my loss. It was only around 15 lbs but it meant a lot to me to see the numbers every time I opened MFP. I'm still trying to figure out whether to log my activities or go off of what Force is saying. Also the calorie/deficit bit is confusing!
  • AmberNLettau
    AmberNLettau Posts: 20 Member
    I got my Force and I love it. I find it to be a lot more accurate than what people were saying it was.
  • I got my Force and I love it. I find it to be a lot more accurate than what people were saying it was.

Did you have a previous tracker you were able to compare it to?