Former Personal trainer Gained 120 lbs!!:-(

Looking for the motivation that I used to provide! Been thru a divorce, moved to another state! I got envolved in a really stressful and trying relationship and put my body way low on my importance list!
Comes a time where using my past as an excuse/crutch gets redundant and quite old.Been about 2 weeks now alcohol free and now my son and I are back in the gym!:)
I am so ashamed of myself and find it difficult to face my former clients and friends in NC this holiday season. I realize my weight will not come off that soon, but it has caused me to really have a coming to jesus moment with myself.
I'm really excited to get back into the grind and any motivation would be really awesome!Thanks ya'll from North Georgia!!:-)

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    It takes a lot of strength to turn your life around. Sounds like the hardest part of it is behind you. You can add me if you like. I am on daily, and enjoy shared support with the people on my FL.
  • jorge_007
    jorge_007 Posts: 70 Member
    Good evening and welcome to the forums! It's never too late to turn things around. You can do this. All you need is dedication and perseverance to make a 180 in your life.
  • Marsidote
    Marsidote Posts: 100 Member
    Chin up!! You will find lots of support here!! Best of luck to you!! :)
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,611 Member
    Good for you for turning your life around. I gained weight just before and after my divorce. My ex was always on to my about my weight so I think it was my form of screw you buddy but screwed me in the end. :)

You will get back to you old shape you seem to have a great frame of mind.
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    I can totally relate! I used to be a personal trainer, I moved out of state and I got pregnant and had my son... along the way I gained 70 pounds, which is a lot on a 5'3 frame.

I don't know what caused me to flip the switch and become serious about losing the weight, but I'm so glad it happened. Weight loss is very simple. Calories in < calories out. All it takes is you following through. You CAN do this! Fully commit and give it two weeks. You will see a difference and that loss will be all the motivation you need. Log onto MFP everyday, log your food and you will see results! Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • gojodster
    gojodster Posts: 38 Member
    Sometimes life gets in the way and takes you for some twists and turns but you are through it now and you know what you have to do. Stick with it and make you a priority. YOU CAN DO THIS!! Best of luck and yes everyone I have friended has been great about giving motivation on the days you need a little help.

Make yourself log and for me knowing I earned more food by working out helps me want to work out more (I don't eat back all my calories but its the fact that I earned it makes me proud and want to do it the next day) I hope this helps :)
  • AccioFitness
    AccioFitness Posts: 244 Member
    I think a lot of us have come from an experience similar to what you've gone through. It's hard to really look at yourself and say, "Something has to change, and that 'something' is me." The weight didn't come on overnight and it won't come off that way either, but take some solace in the fact that you already have the tools a lot of us have had to learn through trial and error. You know how to help people become fit and strong, now use that knowledge to better yourself. :)

Feel free to add me if you want/need more support. I'm recovering from an autoimmune disease that had me mostly bedridden for two years and during that time my weight rose and my health plummeted. I used to be very fit and active (I've climbed Half Dome for crying out loud) and I would love to get back to that. I'm taking it one step at a time, but I think eventually I will get there :D
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Add :))
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    We are here for you bud. Nice to see that you are including your son too! You can do this and I have no doubt what awaits is the best you ever.
  • Life does like to throw curve balls, but its great to see u back at it. U know what u need to do and can achieve it. Its great that u included ur son too. :) u can add me if u like.
  • blp2
    blp2 Posts: 12
    That's the great thing about MFP, lots of similar stories and a ton of support from the community. Adding you now.