Stretch marks, Saggy skin, and Boobs

Options
My three main concerns...

Stretch marks. I have some throughout my body because there was a period where I gained weight quickly then all of a sudden HELLO. There are these nasty little creepers on my thighs and one or two on my "love handles". When I'm very hydrated and eating healthy they seem to lighten. From what I know they're permanent but you can make them less visible. Any tips? When you lost weight, what happened?

Saggy skin. I'm young so I'm supposed to have stretchy, flexi skin. I think... Clean diet + working out = no saggy skin...right? I don't have THAT much to lose.

Boobs. I don't want itty titties lol. But I figure they're going to go along with the rest of the fat. Price you gotta pay. Any tips? (what kind of upper body workouts / other tips. etc. )

Sorry for rambling lol but thank you! :)

Replies

• HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options

Stretch marks. I have some throughout my body because there was a period where I gained weight quickly then all of a sudden HELLO. There are these nasty little creepers on my thighs and one or two on my "love handles". When I'm very hydrated and eating healthy they seem to lighten. From what I know they're permanent but you can make them less visible. Any tips? When you lost weight, what happened?

Saggy skin. I'm young so I'm supposed to have stretchy, flexi skin. I think... Clean diet + working out = no saggy skin...right? I don't have THAT much to lose.

Boobs. I don't want itty titties lol. But I figure they're going to go along with the rest of the fat. Price you gotta pay. Any tips? (what kind of upper body workouts / other tips. etc. )

If hydration helps, keep doing that :) Stretchmarks should fade over time. I've never had much problems with them myself but I used to have quite bad scars and I loved BioOil, helped them so much - I've heard it's just as good if not better for stretchmarks. Fairly expensive though.

I think the skin is something that should get better over time. Lifting should help as you're going to have some extra muscle there.

They will get smaller as body fat is reduced. How much will depend on original size, and where you store fat most. Mine haven't got much smaller at all if any, but then I never had that much to begin with! Heavy chest workouts to build up the muscles in that area should help the appearance. It won't stop fat loss there but will give the appearance of them being perkier and stand out more / bit of an illusion.
  • AccioFitness
    AccioFitness Posts: 244 Member
    Options

I've got some mega stretchmarks from pregnancy (as well as some from puberty). And while they have faded over time, they don't ever go away entirely. The stretchmarks from puberty are very faint, but the stretchmarks from my pregnancy were much deeper so I notice them more, but according to others they've faded a great deal too.

Staying hydrated will help your skin in general. :) And your liver will send you a thank you card too, probably. I have heard good things about vitamin E and biotin oil, both taken them internally and using the oils themselves to moisturize the skin.

One of the things you can do to help prevent saggy skin is to make your weightloss slow and gradual, it will help your skin to bounce back better. Also like the other commenter said, lift weights. Not those measily 3lbs weights either, if you can help it. Lifting will NOT make you bulky (ever wonder how Victoria Secret models do it? It's not from cardio!). The muscles you build from lifting will help to counteract saggy skin in most places on your body. Check out the Success Stories posts and you'll see a lot of women who have lost 50+, 100+, sometimes more and also managed to keep saggy skin at back with lifting.

Finally, boobs have a lot to do with genetics. Were you small chested before you were heavy? Do the women in your family have large breasts or small breasts? If you are predisposed to having a lager cup size you will likely shink some by it will be proportionate to your weight loss. However, if you are predisposed to small breasts they will likely return to that size. You can work out your pectoral muscles to help get some lift and additional size, but depending on the muscle you gain it may not be a huge difference.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    A lot of it is genetic. Losing weight the proper way (not crash dieting or eating very low calorie diets) taking your time, and including strength training help with loose skin. Your age could also be a factor to your advantage. Nothing you can do about the boobs.....if they go, they go, invest in a push-up bra.
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Best advice, I think, is lift weights:)
  • WestCoastWild
    WestCoastWild Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Re: itty titties, Ive never really had much in the way of boobs, but at my highest (150) they were grab-able. Now they're back to their small selves. My bf may complain, but I'd rather have the boobs and the love handles all just go away, in return for healthy habits :P
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Whether or not you lose your boobs when you lose weight depends on whether yours are mostly fat or mostly breast tissue. I've lost nearly 40 lbs and mine have only gone down one cup size. Alas.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Self tanning lotion to blend stretch marks in with surrounding skin. They'll never go away completely but tan in a bottle helps even things out.

Lift weights and stay hydrated for your best chance of skin shrinking.

When you get to goal weight, invest in good bras that help Betty and Wilma stand at attention.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Self tanning lotion to blend stretch marks in with surrounding skin. They'll never go away completely but tan in a bottle helps even things out.

Lift weights and stay hydrated for your best chance of skin shrinking.

When you get to goal weight, invest in good bras that help Betty and Wilma stand at attention.

Good advice
  • jimshine
    jimshine Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have many scars and some were very red and obvious. I had a doctor suggest cocoa butter, so I used it for a long time and it did indeed lighten them. Now that I have saggy skin, I use cocoa butter all over once a day and a firming lotion before bed. It seems to be working. Though it takes time. The sag seems to firm up in spells. It will be a certain way for a while, like 2 months, then I will notice some firming almost overnight. Not a complete firming, just enough to notice. Little by little it will get there.
  • emalinemartin
    emalinemartin Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :-)
  • dragoncake79
    Options
    I recommend a good oil or lotion, clarins, cocoa butter and daily scrubbing with a coconut scrub and then oil always makes me feel good...x
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Moisturizing the skin helps with stretch marks. Try rubbing cocoa butter in stick form on them.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    The best cure for boob woes is a properly fitting bra. You've probably been wearing the wrong size your entire life. Most women do.
  • fittobe15
    Options
    bump