TRIATHLON

Options
I just spoke with my Uncle who completed a Ford Ironman Triathlon that was held in Lake Placid, NY on 7-20-08.
he finished in 14 hours, which does not seem ll that great, but e is 53 years old. He was shot as a young police officer and as a result of his injuries had his spleen and half of one lung removed. I find it amazing at his age and what he went through how well he competes.

He inspires me to lose weight and to get healthy, and I owe him a great debt of gratitude

Replies

• jpritts
    jpritts Posts: 36
    Options
    I just spoke with my Uncle who completed a Ford Ironman Triathlon that was held in Lake Placid, NY on 7-20-08.
    he finished in 14 hours, which does not seem ll that great, but e is 53 years old. He was shot as a young police officer and as a result of his injuries had his spleen and half of one lung removed. I find it amazing at his age and what he went through how well he competes.

He inspires me to lose weight and to get healthy, and I owe him a great debt of gratitude
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is an amazing story.

It would take me that longer...not that I could do it. I am 36 and have all my lungs!! Cheers to you uncle!!:drinker:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
    Congrats to your Uncle and he is a great motivation.
  • gabrielled
    gabrielled Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I was just telling a co-worker of mine I want to do a triathlon before I am 50. I have a few years to get in shape, I guess! (well, more like 12, hehe)

Start small, and build up!

Good job to your uncle. He's an inspiration.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options

It sounds great to me! Just finishing a triathalon is a monumental accomplishment in and of itself!