How often do you..

Options
Train per week?
Curious to see how many hours a week you train, and what are your workouts like?
I myself workout about 6 hours a week I do 4 hours of carido and 2 hours weights!! WOW I workout 6 hours... I could not get my *kitten* to the gym b4... ;-)

I was thinking of keeeping this routine and doing p90x as well. (only some of the excerise) ab's, back,shoulders!

Replies

• Tamie_Girl
    Tamie_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My main form of exercise is walking - either outside or on a treadmill....and the elliptical. I do one of them about 4-5 times a week for 30-40 minutes. For instance, today I walked 40 minutes outside. And then I do a Pilates machine about "once" a week - should do the Pilates more though.

:drinker:
  • Papucho
    Papucho Posts: 138
    Options
    I think I do about 10 hours a week. Maybe 6 hours of cardio, either running, swimming or on the elliptical trainer, and about 4 hours of weights and stretching. As soon as I get my bike put back together I'll throw that in as well.
  • htdavidson
    Options
    I do Zumba 3-4 times a week, then do my strength training 2-3 days a week, it just depends on how my schedule is during the week. Sounds like what you are doing is plenty!

Heather
  • platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    I workout 6 times a week, an hour for each workout:

- twice with my personal trainer doing calisthenics and/or circuit training/cardio;
    - twice in an outdoor bootcamp; and
    - twice on my own doing an outdoor jog/walk and/or calisthenics.

Good luck on your journey! :-)
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    I walk and do DVDs and stuff, every night. That's about the only option I have at this point.
  • atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Himmm lets see...
    Monday- 30 min kettlebell,
    tues- 30 min kettlebell, 30 min swimming
    wed- 30 min kettlebell, 1 hour ice hockey
    thurs-30 min kettlebell- 50 min spinning, 2 hours indoor volleyball
    friday-30 min kettlebell (cardio if time 30min)
    sat-30 min kettlebell, 1 hour cardio (if time) lots of dancing at nght lol.
    sun- 1 hour indoor soccer

so b/t 8-10 hours.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I do cardio & weights 3 days a week, and then Wii Biggest Loser at least twice a week. So I guess about 6 hours a week.
  • JoyJulRay
    JoyJulRay Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I swim or go to the gym five days a week two hours a day....then I walk during my breaks ( 2, 30 min breaks) at work..
    Treadmill for an hour, elliptical for 30 mins then some weights. When I go to the pool I swim 90 mins to 2 hrs
  • lisablueeyes
    lisablueeyes Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    WOW you work your butt off!! Great job.
    you look great!! Btw what program do you use for kettleball? I was thinking of trying it as well!!!
    Himmm lets see...

so b/t 8-10 hours.
  • Supa817
    Supa817 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    For the last few months I've been working out 11/2 hours 3 days a week with my trainer doing weight training, calisthenics, and various boot camp like workouts. Then the other 3 days in the week I do the eliptical machine for 30 minutes and 20 minutes on the stairmaster.

Now I'm training for a 1/2 marathon so I run 3 days a week and the other 3 days I crosstrain by doing the same cardio workout or a bootcamp class with my personal trainer.

Crazy how I used to HATE exercising and now I hate to miss it LOL!
  • kld4239
    kld4239 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I generally work-out 6-7 days per week for an hour or so - 3 days swimming, 2 days yoga, 1 day brisk walking, 1 day racquetball or tennis. I am also considering adding the 30-day shred to mix things up a bit. I have been going strong with this for 5 months and have seen amazing results.
  • think48
    think48 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Himmm lets see...

so b/t 8-10 hours.
    WOW I just looked at your profile pics. You look amazing! You've changed that much in a year? You are definitely impressive and motivating. :) Keep up the good work!
  • lisablueeyes
    lisablueeyes Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have to agree 100% I can't wait to be there!!
    Himmm lets see...

so b/t 8-10 hours.
    WOW I just looked at your profile pics. You look amazing! You've changed that much in a year? You are definitely impressive and motivating. :) Keep up the good work!
  • jpowers416
    jpowers416 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    What's Kettlebell?
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I train on the treadmill for an hour three times per week, sometimes I do interval training on it, other times I might do a 10k at 12kph or a 5 miles with a warm down afterwards. I have, on the odd week, done four sessions.

Starting just two weeks ago, I have added another session in, but it is at the gym for weights.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I work out 7 days a week, usually for about 1.5 hours during naptime.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    5 hours strength training per week...maybe 15 minutes of cardio. An hour a day 5 days a week.
  • jmathews
    jmathews Posts: 196
    Options
    6 days/week about 12 hours...sometimes more, sometimes less.
    My classes - Body Pump
    Cycle Circuit
    Boot Camp
    Muscle Works
    Kickboxing
    Cycle Core

I try to do 50 minutes of cardio all 6 days...
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I do KettleWorx 6 days a week. M-W-F for 20 minutes and T-Th-Sa I do 10 minutes.
    I've just started.

I work 5 days a week at a retail job where I'm always on the go with stocking and running around with like a chicken with my head cut off.