net calories

Options
I know this has been answered and answered but I'm still having a hard time getting it..Now when I work out (not using heart rate monitor yet I just subtract about 100 or so from what the mfp says) my intake goes up but when I eat is the net at the end of the day suppose to be what my daily calories should be according to mfp or go with the calories that total day with the working out added? Thanks

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Food minus exercise = net.

At the end of the day if you're following the MFP plan - your net should equal your goal. So if your goal is say 1600 calories - if you work out and burn 200 calories you should eat 1800 total so your net is 1600.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,022 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to eat back all exercise calories you've recorded (which you reduced before recording, presumably because you're concerned the exercise calories in the database are overestimates), you would want to get the number labeled "remaining" to be zero, or close to zero.
  • mpsos
    mpsos Posts: 7
    Options
    thanks, that's what I thought..my husband says, he can say something to me over and over and don't listen but as soon as a third party says something is when I believe it. :smile: