Really needing some support and motivation...

Options
Hello!
I started the P90X journey the end of May, had some rough spots where my husband and I couldn't stick with it but I lost 5 1/2 total inches in 3 months (remember it was pretty spiratic!). I loved doing it and loved the results.
My problem is I can't get back into it....well, I really can't get back into working out at all or even eating right! Because I've done so badly, I haven't been tracking my food intake for a week.
Does anyone have any method of motivation that works for you or anything that can get me wanting to do it again. I've read and heard so many times that if you really want something, you'll work for it but my couch is so inviting at the end of the day and I'd rather spend my evenings there! ha
I should also mention I am a stay at home mom, but I take care of a few little kids so to use my elliptical while they're here is out of the question...too dangerous to use around them.
Please help! I'm tired of excuses and lack of motivation. Anyone????

Replies

• Bratkins
    Options
    If I want to enjoy my evenings free to be a couch potato, I get up early and get my workouts done in the morning. It sounds terrible but it is nice to be DONE when I get home (unless I need to earn extra calories) :)
  • crystalroy
    crystalroy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Its personal. You have to have your own motivation. I mean, I can't help you get it back. What I can do is request to be MFP friends and hopefully my journey could help motivate you?
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Rememer why you started on this journey in the first place think is a good place to start. Why do you want to lose the weight. By posting on here you've taken the first step so don't be too hard on yourself. I agree with th post above - I get my workout done in the morning before work and that way it's done so if I want to sit on the couch in the evening I can. Feel free to add me and I'll support you along the way. The other thing that ha helped me is to join in with some groups and it makes you accountable not just to yourself but your buddies on there as well.

Good luck and don't give up!
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other posters, it's personal and you just have to find the motivation and do it. I never really know how to answer these questions. Sometimes I'm in the "zone" and sometimes I'm not, I can't really explain why. I know that I'm tired of fighting to get that last 10-15 pounds off it seems like for a decade, and I just really want to get exactly where I want to be and be done with it. I feel like once I'm there, staying there will be much easier in a sense, because I will no longer be on this never-ending quest to get fit, so mentally I'll be satisfied and keeping myself there should come easily because I'll be happy. Hope that helps.
  • smp79042
    Options
    The thing that motivates me the most is just saying to myself, "Okay, you'll put on your workout clothes, then if you feel like NOT working out, don't" Usually once my clothes are on, I will start the workout.

Once I'm IN the workout, I will think of something that has the potential to be embarrassing when you aren't as fit as you could be. Ie. Swimsuit shopping and accidentally glancing at the mirror that shows your backside. Or having sex with the lights on. Or whatever it is for you....

It always helps to just to think of things in segments. Like, if you have an hour long workout with 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weights or something, it helps me to think "Okay, I'm HALF DONE with my cardio! I ROCK!" then "I'm half done with my entire workout! I REALLY rock!"

IDK, it might be silly. But that's what keeps me doing it day after day.
  • Charlie001
    Options
    I had the same problem. Every morning I would look at my eliptical at 5:00 a.m. and say scew it. As I said that however, I forced my hand to tie the running shoes to my feet, forced my feet on the eliptical, and began. After 5 min I was good to go for another 40. You need to perform, emotional overide and go robot. Ask yourself when you are about to quit "Am I really this weak?" Hell NO! you say, and you get it in gear. Friend me and I will stay with you and push you everyday. I will ask everyday, and each day you say no, I will say, thats okay, mabey tomorrow........but we both know how to read between the lines.
  • heathera1980
    Options
    You all are SO AWESOME! Thank you so much for your words of encouragement! It's a tough road to be on, not one that I want to be on and ulitimately, I'm the only one who can change this road to the one I WANT to be on! And you all gave me a good amount of motivation....why can't you all be here to workout with me! ha
    Thanks again! :)