My success story

Options
arains89
arains89 Posts: 442 Member
Hey everyone! My name is Amanda I am 24. I have two babies my son is 5 and my daughter is 13 months. After I had my daughter and the 6 week recovery period was over I was 172lbs. I have always been slightly overweight. Hovering between 155-170 ever since I can remember. I am 5'6". Well in January, after having my daughter in September, I decided it was time to get fit. I have lost 34 lbs from 172 to 138. I went from a size 12 to a 6. Along this journey I have been through hell. Two months ago my daughter's father left us out of the blue. I've taken the past couple months off and now I am back wanting to tone and maybe lose another 10 lbs. I feel fabulous with my health and I am hoping posting this will give me some encouragement to get out of my funk and depression where I have just been maintaining and get back on the grind. Here are some pictures.

Right after I had my daughter

afterbaby.jpg

Christmas at 172 lbs (far left)

229948_550272268334791_1792734636_n-1.jpg

Now 138 lbs

1395982_10201617779960667_1489721461_n.jpg

1450299_10201617780120671_542847458_n.jpg

1380579_10201526708803945_2101944299_n.jpg

Replies

• qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    you look absolutely fabulous. H O T !
  • april1445
    Options
    You'll be better off without him. There's nothing worse than living with someone who has one foot out the door all the time. For what it's worth, you're beautiful. Now get back out there! Your kids need you.
  • arains89
    Options
    You'll be better off without him. There's nothing worse than living with someone who has one foot out the door all the time. For what it's worth, you're beautiful. Now get back out there! Your kids need you.

Thank you! Believe me I know I am better off. I am much happier now. Just took some soul searching to figure it out. But you made me smile :)
  • SiouxsieSnowflake
    Options
    Congratulations! Great job!
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, Great Job!

Plus the best revenge, is looking great and being happy. He sure did miss out :wink:
  • pizzmor
    Options
    Sexy!!!
  • DaniNicole321
    Options
    You look great! His loss if you ask me!
  • SexyPirate93
    Options
    Amazing! :-) You'll find someone who will love you for who you are and your kids as if they were his own. :-)
    Also it is kinda nice to look and feel hot when you run into an ex. Good luck and Congrats!
  • theycallyoumister
    theycallyoumister Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Chalk up a victory for yourself...very nicely done! :)
  • arains89
    Options
    Thanks guys! :)
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    Options
    Wow, you look great! Nice work and it definitely shows. I'm sorry to hear about the father leaving, but you seem like a strong woman and a great mother. Keep your head up and keep up the great work!
  • RemyaUnnikrishnan
    RemyaUnnikrishnan Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You look great! His loss if you ask me!

Very true :) U look great. May be a guy is waiting for you and he will come to you when the appropriate time turns up. a guy who deserves will come to you soon :)
  • Tribesmama
    Options
    You look fabulous hes obviously a **** so just you swagger away in your hot pants and give him the fingers ;)

Did you just diet or exercise as well?
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations!!
  • Shaquana2
    Options
    Glad you hopped back on the wagon and realize that you had to get it together before it was to late. You look Great. Thanks for the motivation.
  • arains89
    Options
    You look fabulous hes obviously a **** so just you swagger away in your hot pants and give him the fingers ;)

Did you just diet or exercise as well?

Both! :) I eat well and I exercise 6 days a week. And thank you. He is an idiot! :)
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You look great!!!
  • bijouchocolat
    bijouchocolat Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Amazing, refreshing and very motivational!!! Congrats on your success and your children :)
  • darknlovely43055
    Options
    Amazing story and photos. How did you stay on track with your weight loss. I mean my daugther is 2 years old and although i only gained 22 lbs with her, I had weight to lose before here. I find it hard sometimes and want to snack especially at work. What is the secret?
  • katimama
    katimama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story! It always inspires me when people continue their weight loss and exercise/eating healthy plan in the midst of personal turmoil. Well done!! You should be so flippin proud of yourself!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!