Pumpkin puree

Options
jeansuza
jeansuza Posts: 148 Member
I made some pumpkin puree from scratch today, first time ever. Now what should I do with it?

Replies

• Mylolamia
    Mylolamia Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Suzanne...crustless pumpkin pie. Also i have made a pumpkin pudding using vanilla instant pudding, 2 cups of milk, 1 cup pumpkin puree and 1 tsp. cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice....to name a few.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Banana Bread!
  • valerieschram
    valerieschram Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin smoothies, mixed w/ yogurt, mixed w/ oatmeal, and you can replace some of the oil with it in muffin and cake recipes.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Trifle?
  • sugaspice999
    Options
    Pumpkin smoothies, pumpkin pasta (the sauce), quinoa with kale and pumpkin, pumpkin oatmeal + maple syrup! Pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin bread! Smoothies and iced coffees :)
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I mix mine (not homemade) into some cottage cheese, with stevia and cinnamon, maybe a few raisins and it tastes like pumpkin cheesecake.
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I had something similar this morning:

http://girlmeetspaleo.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/pumpkin-noatmeal-paleo-oatmeal/

Very filling, and quite tasty. I'm sure with the homemade pumpkin puree it'd be even tastier :)
  • psych0kitty
    Options
    Pumpkin quinoa "risotto." Mix the puree into some chicken stock and bring it to a simmer. Then proceed like regular risotto - sautee onion, then add the quinoa, then white wine, then 3 additions of the pumpkin stock. Finish with butter and parmesan.
  • Gingermilander
    Gingermilander Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Mix it with just dry spice cake mix and bake :) Its so good and less than 100 calories if you make it into muffins
  • jeansuza
    jeansuza Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! My pumpkin was very big so I 'll have enough puree to try many of your recipes! Great!
  • burnooger
    burnooger Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Mix with Brownie mix. My mom just did this last night. YUM!
  • DrunkenFaeGirl
    Options
    Mix it with just dry spice cake mix and bake :) Its so good and less than 100 calories if you make it into muffins
    They can also be baked in cookie form this way. My 8 year old gobbles them up!
  • 2013Jenn2013
    2013Jenn2013 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add... Just here for Ideas!
  • KatrinaGrey
    KatrinaGrey Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin soup! Use low fat half and half, chicken stock, pureed carrots, celery, and onions as a base. Some pumpkin pie spice too.
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin soup.
  • stongjos
    stongjos Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You can also make egg roll "plum sauce". I have a recipe I can share with you later.
  • psych0kitty
    Options
    low fat half and half

Isn't that just... milk?

I have a secret for low fat creamy stuff: low-fat or fat-free evaporated milk. Works just like cream.
  • bobbinalong
    bobbinalong Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    ^^^
    I have a secret for low fat creamy stuff: low-fat or fat-free evaporated milk. Works just like cream.

Let's not keep it a secret shall we???