Measuring ice cream/frozen yogurt

Options
2»

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I've been known to take a pint of ice cream which is 4 servings and cut it into quarter wedges. Usually though I just measure out the grams. Talenti gelato sea salt caramel is 1/2 cup or 105 grams. What I thought was 1/2 cup is really about 1/4 cup. Now I get two scoops instead of one.
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    That would solve all my problems if our ice cream has grams labeled, but it doesn't. Cups and ml that's it. So I have to put my ice cream in a measuring cup and then weigh it. But I don't know if I should lightly pack the ice cream in the cup because otherwise there is a bunch of space in there.
  • recover_healthy_fit
    Options
    I think it's impossible to weigh food that is liquid. mL into grams. I tried it with whipped topping but it's considered a liquid...It's impossible to find it out....I just use my measuring tools when it comes to food like whipped toppings or anything else considered a liquid that looks like a solid. I don't pack it in, I level it off.
  • recover_healthy_fit
    Options
    That would solve all my problems if our ice cream has grams labeled, but it doesn't. Cups and ml that's it. So I have to put my ice cream in a measuring cup and then weigh it. But I don't know if I should lightly pack the ice cream in the cup because otherwise there is a bunch of space in there.

i level it off with a butter knife and don't pack it in. I put small amounts in the cup till it reaches the top and just scrape off any excess.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Single Serving
    Ben-and-Jerrys-Collage.jpg

Two Servings
    archer_farms_amaretto_gelat.jpg

Three Servings
    breyers_vanilla-caramel-bro.jpg

4+ Servings
    main-3gallon.png
  • CaseyM1985
    CaseyM1985 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I actually weigh all my ice cream/fro yo out on a food scale :) It makes it easier to figure it out and no measuring cups needed!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Single Serving
    Ben-and-Jerrys-Collage.jpg

Two Servings
    archer_farms_amaretto_gelat.jpg

Three Servings
    breyers_vanilla-caramel-bro.jpg

4+ Servings
    main-3gallon.png
    I like how you think.:flowerforyou: I've been doing it all wrong.:sad: