I lost a pound but my waist became bigger?

Options
So I checked the scale today, i am in the middle of the 2nd week of Focus T25 workout, I dropped a pound YAY but when i measured my waist... it's 29 :| It was 28 last week I swear :'(

Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    it's only water retention, don't worry about it... measure only when you are done teh first 5 weeks and then at the very end of the program!
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    it's only water retention, don't worry about it... measure only when you are done teh first 5 weeks and then at the very end of the program!

THANK YOU! I was devastated actually :( lol I forgot how it feels like to be in an intense program since Insanity was 2 months ago lol I will try to not measure or weigh until the 5th week :) thanks!! Crossing fingers for flat abs :)
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    no prob :) when i did clx the same thing happened with me and i was frustrated as i wanted to lose inches and not gain. i gave it 2 week sand then re measured and all was good again! I always measure 1st thing in the am always, never at different times either as you can expand during the day!
  • MellMo1971
    MellMo1971 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Inches could be shifting around too, depending on how much weight/fat you need to lose. Gravity ;)
  • janessanessa
    janessanessa Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    T25 is also very ab focused, so if you don't have a lot of muscle mass here, you also may be starting to develop muscle in this area, compounded with some water retention in these muscles as they heal. I had the same problem. I don't care what Shaun T's schedule calls for, I NEVER weighed or measured until the end of each phase (alpha/beta/gamma)
  • lauraspberry
    Options
    no prob :) when i did clx the same thing happened with me and i was frustrated as i wanted to lose inches and not gain. i gave it 2 week sand then re measured and all was good again! I always measure 1st thing in the am always, never at different times either as you can expand during the day!

Oops I measured after lunch lol silly me :))
  • lauraspberry
    Options
    Inches could be shifting around too, depending on how much weight/fat you need to lose. Gravity ;)

Thank you so much! I need to lose around 5-6% body fat :/
  • lauraspberry
    Options
    T25 is also very ab focused, so if you don't have a lot of muscle mass here, you also may be starting to develop muscle in this area, compounded with some water retention in these muscles as they heal. I had the same problem. I don't care what Shaun T's schedule calls for, I NEVER weighed or measured until the end of each phase (alpha/beta/gamma)

Yeah it kinda made me feel sad for a bit I'll try to measure and weigh less lol I'm so paranoid about my belly fat problem that I had to constantly check on it :(
  • janessanessa
    janessanessa Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I understand totally! I just have to remind myself, results don't come overnight. You will be much more impressed with your results the end of each month, instead of measuring daily or weekly. :)