I ate too much & feel sooo terribly guilty

Options
Hello everyone,

I'm a smaller frame woman & gradually I've gained a lot of weight, I've gone up 2 sizes & 20 pounds. I'm active though I've decreased my activity bc...? But that's not what I write about today. I believe tbe reason ive gained so much weight is bc I've been binge eating for awhile now....pretty bad some nights. I gotta get a grip on this! I feel sick the next day but it keeps happening...I know what I neeeeeeed to do, focus & be busy doing something else, not food related.
But last night, I ate a whole bag of rice cakes, 13, w peanut butter.. Handful of chips, piece of bread, half apple, 1.5 banana, a pudding, cup of cucumber, a farmer market muffin raisin bran & I normally never! eat them...I live at my parents home (im a supply teacher so it works for now) so seeing their typical foods isn't helpful...no excuses though, I use to have super self control & never overate bc it wrecks my body (heartburn, too full to do anything) & fitness. I'm so full somedays, today I'd like to take a laxative...to feel better, & start fresh....has anyone had a similar experience & regained control, lost the weight etc???

Thank you,

Replies

• Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

I do the same thing... it's hard to know what to say, just log it, own it and get back on track as soon as you can. Everyone does this - everyone. I don't think taking laxatives is the way to go... that's kind of punishing yourself. Eating too much has no moral value.. you're not a bad person for doing it and there's nothing to feel guilty about. Also remember guilt burns no calories. :wink:

Perhaps buy your own food for your folks' house and plan your meals out, the night before?

All the best x
  • shortt123
    shortt123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your message, I agree. I know I'm not a bad person but guilty just the same. Although now I'm over it, I'm just dealing w the upset stomach. I'm done w peanut butter as a result, which is somewhat a good thing! I'm doing a protein diet (modelled after the ideal protein diet) starting tomorrow, it's very healthy & will hopefully help me w the weight. :)
    How are you doing w the weight?

I like that, guilt doesn't burn calories! I went to the gym & did a bit, something is better than nothing,

:)