What's the most challenging thing about exercising?

Options
Hey,

I am just curious to know what the most challenging or time consuming process is for you when it comes to exercise?
I bet a lot of us have the same or similar issue.

Replies

• 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I used to hate cardio. But then I found something I love--running! For me it's all about finding something that I love and am willing to invest the time with then it doesn't seem like "work" :flowerforyou:
  • jludwick78
    jludwick78 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Getting up and doing it is quite the challenge. Then I can only stay motivated about 15 minutes and that feels like an hour.
  • flrancho
    flrancho Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    1.) Finding the motivation to do it by myself; I haven't been able to find someone else who's willing to exercise with me.

2.) The ability to be able to do a lot of the exercises I want to do. I have dislocating knee caps and incredible weak ab/core, so a lot of the exercises I want to do I either can't do, have to a modified version of due to my knees that doesn't work me as hard as the original way, or I struggle to do them, though I attempt them.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Just starting is the hardest part.
  • sulyha
    sulyha Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Getting out the door. No matter how many times I remind myself that I have never regretted going out to exercise and that I usually regret it when I don't, it is still hard to get out the door sometimes. I am sitting here now in my running clothes ready to head to the gym... as soon as my cofffee is gone, I'm out of here :-)
  • UCSMiami
    UCSMiami Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Challlenging is working out after an injury which forced cessation of specific movements. Time consuming is waiting for equipment to be available when working out at peak time.
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Just getting going! Once I am started I am okay but the just getting started is the hardest for me
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    actually getting up and doing it, once I get started I'm good to go, but it sometimes takes extra motivation to get me to start
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Wrangling myself into a sports bra.
  • Anth73
    Options
    I hate stretching. If I've got 60 minutes in which to train, I want to be going hard for the full 60 minutes. Those five minutes of stretching at the start and end frustrate the heck out of me, because I think "I could be burning calories or building muscle right now).

I try to stretch anyway ... but sometimes I don't ;-)
  • LiftHeavyWeights
    LiftHeavyWeights Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Most challenging thing is to keep doing exercise through all the plateaus because progress is never a straight line.

As for time, it is recording everything so that you can use the stats (on body measurements, body fat %, exercises done, amount of which foods as well as time of day eaten) to make adjustments to break through those plateaus to continue progress towards your goal.
  • Peace_Love_Coexist
    Options
    going without my gym buddy..
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Challenge is doing my workout in a time frame in the mornings before work and after dropping kids off to school