cheat day and logging

Options
Hi all

well yesterday we went to a wedding and yes it was a day off but now Im wondering do I log what I had as Im unsure of ingredients so do I not log it and then do todays log??? Please help so not doing a cheat day unless its a wedding as its so not worth it.

thanks

Replies

• tdh115
    tdh115 Posts: 52
    Options
    Personally, I believe you should log your cheat day. I will be logging mine. I know thanksgiving I will be way over my calorie intake and I plan on getting right back on track on Friday. But the visual really helps me. I think logging makes it more real and identifiable. We are all going to have days when we don't eat healthy, it is just gonna happen, especially this time of year. So I think, accept it, log it (so you can see it) and move on.

Add me as a friend if you want. I plan on logging everyday, so I will be online everyday.
  • pgordemer
    pgordemer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I usually create an entry called "butt load of calories" and attribute it to about 2100, just to have a number in the system and keep me logging every day. That number may or may not be high, but it will stick out in my graphs if I show a weight gain. Since I have very good most of the week, it really never seams to matter. I have been losing 1.5 lbs a week now for 26 weeks.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    I log my cheat days, but I have no intention of logging Thanksgiving, way too much food and I don't intend to measure any of it.

Rigger
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    "butt load of calories"

LMFAO
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,022 Member
    Options
    I log every day, even days I know I'm going over, and I'll be logging Thanksgiving. Knowing I'm going to log makes me pay attention to what I'm eating, even if not weighing things like I ordinarily do at home. It doesn't stop me from enjoying a special event.

Today I went to a farmer's market and I sampled several varieties of cheese while I was deciding what to buy. They were all soft goat cheeses, so I just mentally combined the volume of the several little samples and compared it to the volume of the 4 oz. piece that I ended up buying, and figured the samples were a bit less than a half ounce all told, and logged that as part of my morning snack (same with the bits of bread the cheese samples were served on). It might not be exact, but it's sure a lot closer than ignoring it, which is like logging it as zero calories and nutrients. I realize there's a lot more estimating involved from the food at a wedding or Thanksgiving, but the same principle applies: an estimate is going to be closer than not logging it at all.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I just try to guesstimate in my head and then just quick add XXXX calories
  • Brunette122
    Brunette122 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    def. log it. its tough to see how bad you did but its a good habit.
  • sg992
    sg992 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I guess the calories in my head and don't bother logging, I'll just knock off the calories over the next day/next few consecutive days. So my journal looks all over the place at the moment but hey, whatever works!
  • sunfirelynn
    sunfirelynn Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I did a cheat day yesterday:devil: , and I logged it, I think its best to log them.
  • AlicesNirvanaHealthWellness
    Options
    I usually create an entry called "butt load of calories" and attribute it to about 2100, just to have a number in the system and keep me logging every day. That number may or may not be high, but it will stick out in my graphs if I show a weight gain. Since I have very good most of the week, it really never seams to matter. I have been losing 1.5 lbs a week now for 26 weeks.

I love this, " butt load of calories" I had put it down as "hometown buffet variety of food" I think I have to show something big that day