Friends in their 30s, 40s or 50s?

Options
Hi, just started day 2 & am looking for friends/support. I'm a 41/f with six kids. I love to cook & sharing healthy recipes would be great. I also love chatty people. Please feel free to add me or you can respond here, if you rather me add you :) My first goal is to lose 33 more pounds (already down 44 from my highest) & then I'll decide what my next goal is. Have a great day!!!

Replies

• Llorry
    Llorry Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Just accepted your friend request and looking forward to getting to know you better :)
  • Hunnibunz616
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • CHRISTTY33
    Options
    I am 41 also with 32 lbs to lose, gosh it seems so far away but I have to do it....we can all support each other there is no doubt that it is harder once we get to our age group and beyond...I never had this much of a struggle in the past (meaning) 37 years old and younger..lol but this is life..lol we can do it

That's my goal shape by the way on my Las Vegas profile poster card....lol hopefully
  • JimHM
    JimHM Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    HI!
    Im Jim, Ive got a lot of experience in this game and also like to cook. I know how hard it is to love food and try to keep on track. Ive got a bunch of healthy recipes I can share with you too.

Id also be happy to help you on your journey! :-)
  • Hunnibunz616
    Options
    Thank you :) I appreciate it!!
  • RunningForeverMama
    RunningForeverMama Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 41 with 6 kids too! :flowerforyou:
  • yanksprincess27
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just turned 35 this year and am giving MFP one more try! Ihave 50 pounds to lose and feel like my bodyis working againt me. I also need to develop better eating habits! I need all the support I can get! Looking forward to making some new friends. :-)
  • Jason3589
    Options
    Male, soon to be 44, yeah l know getting older. In the UK, feel free to add
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    I am 44 and love to cook also and love to swap recipes so please feel free to add me :)
  • Spaghetti_Bender
    Spaghetti_Bender Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 as well......
  • jstavix
    jstavix Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    My name is Jeannie. I recently joined because to be honest, I do not like myself anymore. I am tired of being the biggest person wherever I go. I want to hike and ride bikes with my kids and feel like I matter. In this society, everyone judges you based on your outward appearance and I am tired of being judged!

My biggest hurdle will be to not get depressed after a few weeks, I start thinking about all the things I can't have instead of all the things I can have. I am setting goals of 20 pounds as incentive instead of the 80 that is ahead of me. I have a different mindset this time, not sure why. I have just decided to take this feeling and run with it.

Wish me luck :)
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    I am 40 and I'm down to my last 5lb or so. I'm on here everyday so add me if you wish,

Great job on the loss already
  • shawnpcorreia
    Options
    HI!
    Im Jim, Ive got a lot of experience in this game and also like to cook. I know how hard it is to love food and try to keep on track. Ive got a bunch of healthy recipes I can share with you too.

Id also be happy to help you on your journey! :-)

Same here, except I'm Shawn. Lost 120lbs so far and also love cooking healthy.
  • RunningForeverMama
    RunningForeverMama Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    For some reason the OP deactivated already. :ohwell:
  • happygranny47
    Options
    Hello

I'm Lanita and once again i'm trying to loose weight. I have lost 7 lbs! pretty excited about that. Weekends are rough but I can do it.:drinker:
  • aionyeah
    Options
    well done! don't forget we are right in this together to support one another. A little at a time. :smile:
  • happygranny47
    Options
    Thank you Thank you! Hope everyone is doing well.
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I am in my 40's feel free to add me!!
  • annamtrx
    annamtrx Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Anna and I'm 40 with five children, and RIGHT where you are - needing to lose about the same. Feel free to friend, if you'd like, but it looks like you have a fair number of people here who are interested in it, already. I couldn't resist replying, though, because I'm one kid and one year shy, and you SAID you were looking for chatty people... and I never shut the heck up, e.v.e.r. So it sounded like one I wouldn't mind replying to. :)

I joined last fall (to motivate in the colder months - being active in summer is so much easier!), and was in a challenge from Halloween to New Year's. It went so well - I lost 15 pounds. Of course, I've put almost all of them back on, because... hello, the choice between warmth, comfort, chocolate, books... and... sneakers (wrinkles nose), brisk wind, sloppy gravel drives and hunting season (aka my trigger happy neighbor codger who might kill me for fun)... the afghan and chocolate chip cookies appeal more, y'know?

((Did I mention I talk WAY the heck too much?)) Anyhow... either way, good luck to you in your goals!
  • jcowlett
    Options
    Hello. I'm 51 and you may add me. I am glad I found this website to track my daily caloric intake and not feel like I am alone trying to diet and exercise. :smile: